Chapter Forty-Six: Love Me and Don't Look Back

Camryn's pov

I sat on my bed with used tissues surrounding me, sobbing loudly to myself. I cried and cried all day, without anyone stopping so I could get all my emotions out.

These are a lot of emotions.

After what happened this morning, I walked home. I couldn't stand the embarrassment and attention I was getting, it all gave me anxiety and made me claustrophobic.

My curtains were drawn, I wasn't listening to music, my Christmas lights weren't on, I was sad, if you couldn't already tell.

I don't even know why I'm like this, why does all this stuff keep happening to me? It's like I'm a bad luck charm, and all I want to do is cry, I can't stop crying.

Marilyn just thinks it's a good idea to ruin my life. She knows everything that's going on in my life, everyone already knows what happened to my best friend.

So why now?

A knock came from outside my bedroom door, echoing through my room as I stared at my door blankly. They knocked again, gently.

"Camryn, you there?" My mom's gentle voice asked quietly. I sighed and wiped the tears from under my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm here, come in." I replied as I sat up in my bed. "Cam, you haven't come out of your room all day, please talk to me." She said as her eyes glistened and she slid into the empty spot on the bed next to me.

I faced the other direction so she wouldn't see me about to shed some tears. I looked back towards her and I couldn't take it, I buried my face in her shoulder and sobbed. She consoled me by rubbing my back and tucking strands of hair behind my ear.

"Mom, I can't deal with all this stuff that's been happening to me, I can't. I don't know why or what is happening to me and there's nothing I could do to stop it." I cried even harder.

"Everyone at school thinks I'm a slut because of what Marylin told them, she's so fake and a she's a liar." I ranted through sobs.

"Hold up," My mom stopped me, "Who is this Marylin bitch and what'd she do?" She asked angrily.

"That fucking-"

"Language!" My mother scowled. I squinted at her and lay back on my bed.

"All my past boyfriends, Nick and Carlos, they both cheated on me with her." I told her.

"And then she has tho nerve to-"

"I get it, I get it." My mom sighed as she held up her hand, signaling to me to stop. "Your father-" She began as I interrupted her with a scoff.

"Your aunt Amelia had the idea that she could ruin my life," She groaned as she ran a hand through her hair. "In high school, I'd always catch her kissing or flirting with my boyfriend."

"And then I met your father, and she just...stopped." My mother sounded confused as she looked in the other direction.

"A couple years into our marriage, you and Brian were at school and I was at work, which left your dad at our house..alone."

"I came home from work, so excited to see him, but I didn't expect what I saw." She looked back at me with watery eyes.

"My sister and your dad were in bed...together." Her face turned a deep red, and that rarely only happens when she is angry.

She looked away again with a sigh as I wrapped my arms around her.

"Anyways," She looked back at me again. "This isn't all about me so I'm going to leave you alone, give you some space." She smiled and pecked a kiss on my cheek. I nodded my head and she left tho room, closing the door behind her.