Chapter Thirty-Two: "Date" Night

SHOUTOUT TO afy812 FOR MAKING MY COVER JFNFKDKEKWLEK TY YY TY ILYYSSMMM YOU'RE THE BEST ILY

Camryn's pov

"Come on I need to get my car." He smiled brightly. Someone's happy.

"Alright." I shrugged. We walked to Aiden's house -- which wasn't very far -- side by side. We stopped in front of his doorstep and he looked towards me. "I'll be right back." He lied his hand on the doorknob, about to twist it open when I asked, "What about your parents?" Stupid question I thought.

He froze and looked back at me. He looked down at his feet and muttered, "You know my mom."

I nodded shyly and Aiden quickly went inside, closing the door behind him.

Aiden's mom worked as a flight attendant and worked late shifts. Or so we thought. Aiden's mom, Grace, was caught by Aiden himself, cheating on her husband.

I still remember that day, Aiden came bursting through our doors with tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Why would she do that?" He had asked as he ran up to me. Yes, ME. I don't know why he came to me for comfort, we hated each other at the time. But I stood there, our arms wrapped around each other so tightly, me consoling him by rubbing his back.

The thought sent butterflies to my stomach.

Now, Aiden's garage opened and his car's headlights were on, the engine roaring to life. He sat in the driver's seat with his window rolled down. "Come on." He waved and I smiled. I jogged to Aiden's car and sat in the passenger's seat next to him.

"I wish I had a car like this, it's sexier than Brian's." I said, makimg Aiden laugh beside me as he drove off. "One day." He flashed a smile. I groaned and lay my head back in my seat.

I looked out the window into the pitch dark night sky. We drove past rows of trees and stores and fields of grass. There was so much traffic and we stopped at a red light and sat in comfortable silence.

Aiden cleared his throat and I glanced back at him. He was staring at something in my direction, his jaw clenched. I followed his gaze out my window, where a van pulled out of a pharmacy parking lot. "What is it?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

He looked at me, than narrowed his eyes back at the van, which now waited at a stop sign as cars passed in front of them. "That's the gang's van." He said quietly, his voice barely audible.

I looked back at the van, which made a turn and drove away at full speed. The back window of the van had an upside down panther paw-print drawn in white paint. I shook my head slowly in shock.

"Assholes." I muttered as the red light turned green and Aiden drove down the road in the same direction the van did.

"Why are we following them?" I asked worryingly. "I just wanna see what they're up to." He shrugged. He glanced at me then back at the road. "Don't worry." He told me and rested his palm on my thigh.

My cheeks flushed a deep red and I looked down at Aiden's hand on my thigh. I looked up at him and smiled awkwardly. He smiled back happily.

"Aiden?" I looked back at him. "Camryn?" He answered. "What are we?" I chewed on my bottom lip nervously. He smiled as he kept his eyes on the road. "We can be whatever you want us to be." He said happily. I blushed again and looked away quickly so he wouldn't notice.

I looked out the window until I didn't even realize we were parked in front of a beat up tall building. "Where are we?" I asked worryingly. Before I knew it, Aiden grabbed his hand in mine and intertwined our fingers. He smiled at me and nodded. "Don't worry, I'll be right by your side the entire time." He said positively.

We walked into the dark building, hand in hand. There was an old staircase, with stuff like rugs or something hanging over the railing. There were a couple of doors and a living room to the left but that's just the downstairs.

Aiden lead me up the stairs slowly, his hand still in mine. As we walked up, I made out soft murmers and wicked laughs. We reached the top of the staircase and I looked around. There were a few rooms, one which door was open and the only light there was illuminated the room and the hall. It was pretty small upstairs.

Aiden's grip on my hand tightened and lead me slowly to the room. We stopped at the corner of the hall, where we could make out the voices and faces of everyone in the room clearly, but we couldn't be seen.

The blonde boy, who I believe his name was Cole, sat in a folding chair in the middle of the room with a blindfold on, while the rest sat criss-crossed on the floor, laughing and smiling.

"What are they doing?" I whispered. "This stupid game we played." Aiden whispered back. I saw Cole throw something at a guy covered in tattoos, and the guy in tattoos threw it at Ariana and I scoffed in disgust.
They all went quiet and their faces dropped. "What was that?" The guy in tattoos-- I think his name is Andrew-- asked. "Someone's here." Cole, the blonde dude, replied.

Oh shit, they heard me.

"Well go look!" Ariana said to Cole, gesturing her hand towards the door. Cole sighed and ran a hand through his hair, blonde strands dangling over his forehead and walked towards the door.

"Run bitch run!" I whisper shouted to Aiden. I shooed him down the stairs and we silently rushed downstairs. Everything was going so well, we were as quiet as a mouse, until me being the clumsy human being I am, bumped into Aiden at the bottom of the staircase, causing us both to stumble back and fall.

"Ow, are you alright?" He asked me as he rubbed his temples. "I'm fine, are you okay?" I asked. He nodded slowly and stood up, reaching his hand out to me to help me up. I smiled and grabbed his hand in mine, standing up and containing my balance.

"Hurry, let's go!" I said as we rushed to the door.

Before I could twist the doorknob open to leave, a hand grabbed my arm aggressively and pulled me back.

"Gotcha!" A female voice said.

●●

Again, ty so so so so much afy812 for the beautiful cover I'm in love w it :)))

Don't forget to vote, comment and share! ❤

This chapter feels short I'm sorry :((