Chapter Forty- Five: Ruin

Camryn's pov

"Well I'm just gonna go take a nice, warm shower." I said before quickly pacing up the stairs before my mom can scold me, however, I was already too late.

"Stop. Right. There." My mom said as she waited at the bottom of the stairs, her hand resting on the rail. I groaned quietly and faced my mother, who had a bitter look on her face.

"Just because I was worried, that doesn't mean I wasn't mad." She said angrily. "I know mom, and I apologize for walking out on you like that...and missing dinner with dad...and probably leaving Brian alone at the table uncomfortably..." I mumbled the last part.

"Cool apology, I appreciate it, really, but guess who's grounded?" She asked in a sing-song tone as she spun around on her heel and returned to the kitchen.

I groaned quietly and stomped back up the stairs, not bothering to make a sarcastic comment because I couldn't fight my mom on this one, and I can't blame her for grounding me.

"One sec!" My mom shouted as I reached the top of the stairs. I turned around and she stood at the bottom of the staircase again, with her hand on her hip and one hand gesturing to give her something.

My phone.

Oh hell no.

"Woah, woah, woah, let's not get out of hand here." I held my hands up in front of me in defense. "Give it here." She sighed tiredly.

"Mother," I groaned. "I really don't blame you for grounding me, but this? I need this, for reasonable purposes! What if I'm coming home from school one day and-"

"Camryn, it's been a long day. I am in no mood, I am not taking any shit tonight so just please give me your phone." She said calmly as she rubbed her temples.

Out of sympathy and love, I hopped to the bottom of the staircase and put my phone in my mother's hand and planted a kiss on her cheek. "Goodnight mama, I love you and I am going to take a shower because I think I got some coffee in my bra." I smiled and walked away.

"What?" My mother asked, confused. "Nothing!" I laughed as I shut my bedroom door behind me.

•••

I took the longest shower, it had to be at least an hour later, considering I was shaving and singing.

Did I say singing? I meant washing...

Any who, I hopped out of the shower with my towel wrapped around my body, my hair falling down my back as water trickled down onto the floor, leaving a pile of shower water.

As I made my way to grab my phone off the counter, I realized it wasn't there, remembering I got it taken away and mentally screamed.

That's what happens when you're a bad girl, Cam.

I brushed my teeth and got into the most comfortable clothes I could find and lie down in my bed, drifting off to sleep.

•••

It's the next day, and Brian is currently driving us to school as the song 'Believer' by Imagine Dragons played silently as he drove.

I had a massive headache, not in the mood for anyone's shit today, nor am I in the mood for loud music which really freaking sucks.

Brian parked his car and I didn't realize we were at school until Brian nudged my shoulder. I sighed and opened the car door, walking into the school halls with Brian by my side.