Chapter Forty: Anybody Else

Aiden's pov

It was a struggle to get Camryn out of bed or to eat. She always refused or replied with, "I'm not hungry."

After I told her I loved her, I meant it. I hope she meant it too, because just those three words meant everything and more to me.

More days passed, Camryn barely ate half a meal each day. I couldn't sleep knowing the person I love would barely eat, move, or sleep.

So, at one in the morning, when I lie in my bed wide awake and Camryn in the next room, wide awake as well, I got up and grabbed my guitar and went to Camryn's room.

Yes, I sing.

I've been singing for years, it's a talent I don't really like to share. I have stage fright and I've never sang to anybody except my parents and Sophie, my little sister.

Sophie would never get any sleep at night, she said she wouldn't sleep unless I sang her a song.

I stepped into Camryn's room, closing the door behind me and sitting in a chair that was in the corner of the room.

Sure enough, Camryn was wide awake and sat up straighter. "Aiden?" She whispered as she sat straighter. "What are you doing?"

I strung some notes until I caught onto the beat. I cleared my throat and sang.

"I don't know if we should be alone together, I still got a crush that's obvious. Nobody's around, what's stopping us?"

I looked up at her as I sang, her eyes full of desire and lust. I could tell she was taken back and surprised.

"Every where I go you show whatever. I don't ever mind sharing oxygen, I just want to get lost in your lungs."

She shifted her weight and moved forward a bit, sitting with her knees up to her chest.

"Just a baby, but she's growing up so fast. And I'm allergic to the waiting. Just a baby girl, and I love to watch her dance. But it's making me go crazy."

A tear slowly ran down her cheek, and she wiped it away. She now sat at the edge of the bed, where I can see her beautiful, soft face more clearly.

"I don't think that we should be around each other, when you're in the room you get my eyes. You open your mouth I'm hypnotized."

She smiled softly, her eyes twinkling with happiness in the dim light. I continued to stare at her as if she was a bright light in a dark room. And she was, she lights up my fucked up world.

"I can make you laugh until you cry. You know you got all my attention, you know you got all mine."

She chuckled through a soft sob and sniffled. She smiled brightly as tears ran down her cheeks.

"Baby, I can't help but call her that. Even though I shouldn't say it, she was my baby girl, might never get her back, but I don't mind being patient, yeah."

I stood up and walked towards her as I continued to string the strings on my guitar. I sat closely next to her, she rested her head on my shoulder.

"Okay, I'm just gonna tell you what I got to say, right here. I'm sorry babe, I never meant to hurt you baby girl. She's your little baby, she's my soulmate. Don't want you to worry, she'll be so safe, right here, oh."

I continued singing until she wrapped her arms around me tightly and sobbed into my chest. I set down my guitar and wrapped my arms around her.

"I love you so much Aiden. That was the sweetest thing ever. I love you so, so much." She sobbed.

My eyes widened and I kissed her forehead. I cupped her face with my palms so she looked at me. She continued crying, I stroked my thumb across her cheek and wiped away her tears.

"I love you, Camryn Ariel Fields." I said before giving her a peck on the lips. But before I could pull away, she pulled me closer into a more passionate kiss, taking me by surprise.

She traced my jawline with her fingers, and ran her hand through my hair. She tugged at the bottom of my shirt before pulling it over my head.

I let go and looked at her. "Are you sure you wanna do this?" I whispered. I didn't want her to regret her decision, and I didn't want to rush her. I'd wait billions of years for her, I'd be patient with her.

She nodded and bit her bottom lip. "I wouldn't want it to be with anybody else." She replied with a smile.

•••

I felt like this was very blunt I'm sorry 🙈

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share :)

#Caiden ;))))