Chapter Twenty-Six: Proof

Camryn's pov

"How'd you know where I was?" I asked as we climbed into the car swiftly. "I have my ways." He smirked as he fastened his seatbelt. "No, seriously." I said.

He sighed as he stepped on the gas and drove off to a distance. "I'm gonna tell you a story-"

"I love stories!" I interrupted, clapping my hands together.

"-But you have to shut up. No interrupting, no questions, nothing, okay?" He asked sternly. I nodded. "Yeah, okay, proceed."

He sighed loudly. "So I'm guessing you know about all the mafia shit blah blah blah, yeah?" I nodded.

He nodded in reply. "Okay so, ugh how do I say this? I actually was one Ariana's best men. I sold drugs I-I killed people-"

"What?!" I shouted, making Aiden flinch. "No! Shut up let me finish. Anyways I swear Camryn I didn't kill innocent people, I never would. Ariana would always ask me to kill the poor families of other men when they did nothing wrong and she killed them instead and forced me to watch. It was torture C's."

"One day, I was walking home and I came home and Ariana was waiting for me inside my house." He said quietly, a tear sliding down his cheek.

"Ariana dragged me into the living room, where my six year old sister was tied up in a chair with duct tape over her mouth and-" He sniffled and wiped his nose with the back of his sleeve.

"And she-she just- " A soft sob escaped his lips. "She shot her. Right in the head. Right in front of my eyes. It just- happened." He whispered the last sentence.

I unbuckled my seat belt and climbed to the from seat to sit beside Aiden. I grabbed his hand in mine and rubbed soft circles on his palm with my thumb. I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry Aiden. I didn't know you had a sister. I'm so sorry." I said softly. He nodded as tears streamed down his cheeks. The car came to a stop and Aiden stared down at me as I gazed back up at him.

He leaned forward as I did the same. Seconds before our lips almost met, Brian's voice interrupted. "Cam!" He shouted. He opened my door and held me in his arms tightly.

"You're bleeding!" He shrieked. "Holy shit, I didn't even notice." Aiden commented. I chuckled, I totally forgot. "It's alright Aiden."

"I'll be right back Imma get that first aid kit." Brian said before tiptoeing back inside the house. A couple of seconds later, Brian rushed back outside with the first aid kit in his hands.

"Here." He said as he wrapped something around the cut on my arm. "How'd you get that?" Aiden asked.

"Ariana." I whispered. Aiden nodded angrily.

We went back inside and I took a nice warm shower and me, Aiden, and Brian binged watched Netflix.

"Guys I totally forgot to tell you guys something really important." I said as the credits of Coraline rolled in.

"What is it?" Brian asked as he stuffed his mouth with popcorn.

I cleared my throat. "Ariana told me that..Stephanie...Nick...he- she was-"

"Just get to the point woman!" Brian said loudly.

"Nick raped Steph." I said quietly. They went silent. "What?!" They said at the same time. "Yeah." I whispered.

"Well we should file a police report! He's a fucking rapist!" Brian shouted.

"No." Aiden said sternly. "Not yet. We literally have no proof." He had a point.

"Yeah." I agreed. "No proof." A tear slid down my cheek.

●●●

:'(

Don't forget to vote, comment and share ❤

❤❤