Pain and Partying

"You knew, didn't you?" Momo asked. Todoroki sat back at the table and smiled.

The minute he smiled, the lights perfectly hit his face, and a slight wind picked up that brushed his hair into a perfect position.

Momo looked around for any sign of someone using a quirk. "How are you doing that Shoto?" She asked.

He blinked slowly, staring into the distance in his dreamy way. "Talent."

Jirou's POV:

I dropped into a sofa backstage. I think that I've used up all of my energy. Since I can't help but lie face down and stare directly forward.

"That was AMAZING." Denki yelled as he followed me backstage. But then saw me on the sofa. "Jirou, what are you doing?"

"Dying, hopefully." I said.

"Don't be extreme, cmon you didn't mess up a single thing." He replied. "You were, and are, perfect."

I sat up, nervously fidgeting with my collar. I get some nerves after a performance every time. But that not why I'm scared right now.

"Denki?"

"Yes Queerpho-....yes, Jirou." Denki started, smiling in his goofy way. But he stopped smiling, seeing my downcast expression.

"What if everyone realises I'm a fake. My singing isn't that good. I can barely go loud with instruments anymore because of my Earphones. I can barely stand up for myself." I cried.

Denki put a hand on my shoulder. "I can't fix your doubts, but as your friend, I can confidently say this: Every step you take makes me proud that you are still walking. I smile with pride every day. And there's no need to be afraid.

You are never alone."

We sit in silence for a moment, as I pull him into a hug, and cry into his shoulder. He pats my back, and we sit for a second in silence.

"Thank you..." I whisper.

"No problem" He says, his positive energy returned as he pulls out of the hug.

"Let's go meet with the others, I spotted them near the back." I said.

"You go ahead, I've got to clear up some of our gear." Denki said. I nodded and wandered out the back door, so that I could go round to the front of the building.

Momo's POV:

Midoriya had come back from dancing. Wandering up to me quietly when everyone else was talking.

"Are you alright?" He asked. He seemed a little concerned.

"I'm alright! This is quite frightening, but I think I'm okay. Thank you for checking in. It means a lot."

"What kind of hero would I be, if I didn't care for one of the kindest people I've ever met!" He said.

"Thanks so much!" I smiled, but out of the corner of my eye I noticed a bit of purple hair, short. Wait is that-

Jirou threw herself at me and pulled me into a hug. Head buried in my shoulder and arms firmly wrapped around my shoulders.

I tried to speak but no words would come out so I wrapped my arms around her and squeezed her to me. Laying my head on top of hers.

We stood for a couple moments, caught in this moment of joy.

After a minute, but it could easily have been so much longer. She pulled away, standing awkwardly with her hands clasped behind her back.

"Did you enjoy the performance..?" She said, a soft flush to the cheeks.

"It was thrilling! You're absolutely amazing!" I said, taking one of her hands in mine. At that point I noticed that there were a couple streaks on her cheeks left by tears. "Wait, are you okay."

She laughed a little bit. "I'm alright now. Just a bit of panic, a bit of imposter syndrome...y'know...the usual." She scratched the back of her head nervously.

"That's awful. If you ever need help with that let me know. You deserve to be happy and stable."

"Gay and mentally stable? I'm not sure if that's possible..." She laughed nervously.

Yeah, I think I get that.

"Well, how's your evening been? I didn't really guess you were a partying kinda gal. I didn't expect to see you here, of all places!" She chirped.

"Oh, Todoroki brought me along. I was a bit nervous, but everybody's been so kind, it's actually been really nice." I said. And it has been. I rarely get to do anything just for fun, but tonight, tonight I'm enjoying being alive.

Jirou looked over my shoulder at Todoroki, giving him a death stare. He caught her gaze for a moment and then looked away. ACTUALLY SCARED OF HER.

"Oh my goodness Jirou!" I exclaimed.

"What?" She said smiling cheekily.

"I've never seen Shoto squirm like that!" I laughed. Jirou stepped away from me. She extended a hand to me.

"Care for a dance m'lady?" Jirou mockingly said, bowing dramatically. I giggled and took her hand. And she led me to the dance floor. Pulling me past people, until we found a nice space to dance.

She joins her hands behind my head and smiles. I fumble round with my hands for a moment, trying not to overstep at all. When she firmly pulls one of her arms back, grabbing my hands, and placing them on her hips.

"Much better." Jirou said, sharing a grin with me. At this point I'm thankful for the darker lighting in here because my face is deep scarlet red from embarrassment.

"Yeah-yeah sure it's...butter-better" I stuttered. Jirou looked at me with shock that turned into a smile that as it grew larger, lights reflected off of her eyes that lit up her face.

"Are you...flustered right now?" She asked, her voice a little bit shocked, but her smile still immense.

"I-I...uhh.....no?" I replied as my voice broke.

OHHH. GOD. OHGODOHGODOHGOD.

IM BLUSHING AND SHES SMILING AND OH DEAR LORD

SHES ONTO ME

...wait a minute.

She's happy I'm blushing....

WAIT A SECOND.

DOES SHE LIKE ME!?!??!?!?!?!