Apology And Reward

Days had passed since the attack. A short period of downtime, away from classes, telling the story of what happened to the people who weren't there.

More and more common there would be flashes of lightning outside and the woman in the cloak would wonder in and out of the school, speaking with a couple of the teachers and leaving. 

Jirou's POV:

I hadn't spoke to Momo since the day, but I think I went too far. I shouldn't have tired as hard as I did, and gone as far as I did.

I went to go see her in her room.

I stopped for a second in front of her door, my legs shaking a little. Then pushed through the fear and knocked three times on the door.

"Who is it?" Momo's voice drifted through the door.

"It's me, Jirou. Can we talk about something?" I asked. I heard her immediately move away from the door without opening it.

I waited.

"Momo?" I asked as I knocked again. And she walked back over to the door, her footsteps faint.

"Go away Jirou..." I heard her say from the other side of the door.

"I'm sorry." I murmured through the door.

"Don't be sorry..." I now heard her voice right up by the door, and she sounded like she was a little bit upset. "Y'know what..."

She opened the door and gestured for me to come in. I could see that parts of her room were messy. And as I saw her, there were heavy bags under her eyes and her hair was messy and tangled.

"I wanted to check in on you, we haven't really talked since, well, the attack." I said, walking inside and sitting on her bed, the covers were a little bit tossed with all of her pillows on the floor all over the room. "And I'm glad I came, are you okay? This isn't like you."

She sat on the floor, next to me, but with her back against the bed. "I haven't slept since, and I guess I'm just a little bit confused. That's all."

"Anything you wanna talk about?" I asked.

"Well I CANT." She shouted. I grabbed my ears, the ringing in them picking up.

She looked at me clutching my ears then looked angry with herself. "I'm so sorry, that's my fault, even that I messed up."

"What do you mean messed up?" I said, as the ringing faded. "When did you mess up?"

"That night, I should have moved, I should have done something more."

"Hey, you couldn't have stopped those villains from escaping."

"I'm not talking about the villains..." Momo murmured.

I stopped for a second. "Wait...what do you mean then?"

"When we were alone together on the dance floor, I should've just kissed you."

EXCUSE ME WHAT

I froze, completely still. Momo sat frustrated, then looked up at me, and suddenly looked mortified.

"Wait-uhh, I'm guessing that last bit.....wasn't just in my head." She asked.

YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT IT WASN'T.

I just sat with my jaw open, and slightly shook my head blushing and completely stunned.

SHE WANTED TO KISS ME! ME! OF ALL THE PEOPLE...ME!

WAIT A MINUTE, YAOMOMO DOES IS GAY.

"I'll just throw myself into the ocean, please excuse me for a moment..." Momo said, as she stood up and awkwardly shuffled toward the door.

No.

Don't leave.

Y'know what...

Fuck it

She stopped as I grabbed her hand. "Umm, Jirou wha-" She started to ask as I pulled her down to my level. And pulled her into a kiss.

She just sat there completely enraptured, I had one hand on her cheek and the other holding one of her hands.

She looked right into my eyes, as I deepened the kiss and her eyes slowly closed, beginning to push a little back into the kiss.

I gently drifted my tongue over the front of her lips and pulled out of the kiss.

"I would've liked it if you'd kissed me then, but will this one do?" I asked. Smiling.

She opened her eyes, still in shock of the moment. Nodding. "I-I'm lesababrian" She stuttered.

"Aww you are just so adorable." I cooed, then went in for another kiss.