Promising Recovery

The day's trainings were relentless. Spending an entire morning battling either Loki or Hawks who were showing no sign of tiring despite their dozens of fights.

"Alright Yaoyorozu, let's try this again." Loki said, holding her sword at arms length and Momo matching the position with her own blade. "If you can't rely on your quirk in combat, you need to be good with this thing."

"Yes Ma'am." Momo nodded.

"Alright, back and forth, eyes on me as you move. Try to predict my movements, not the sword's movements. As you're stepping forward stick to the front of your toes so you can move back easier to quickly dodge a parry." Loki instructed, keeping gentle clashes between their swords and stepping back and forth faster and faster.

Momo nearly slipped as she stepped backward and looked down at her feet. Then was instantly knocked to the ground. "Never check yourself, focus on the threat, because the moment you look away I can knock you down instantly. If you screw up, fine, but just roll with the punches." Loki tutted.

"Sorry!" Momo apologised.

"Never apologise to me here."

"Sorry." Momo said.

"WHAT DID I JUST SAY"

Jirou was stood in complete darkness, somewhere in the room Hawks was slowly approaching and she had to find him before he reached her. But that's a bit difficult when he can fly completely silently.

She listened for a second, until she picked up a tiny bit of a vibration in the air. Turning round and bumping into Hawks.

"Very good." Hawks admitted. "Keen hearing, but remember you don't have to just listen on the air, listen to nearby objects and how the sounds around them interact with them. It's all about the vibrations."

"Okay, got it." Jirou nodded. Hawks nodded, before moving over to Todoroki, barely dodging under a blast of rolling flame

"Hey Todoroki easy with the heat. I feel like I've flown close to the sun!" Hawks called out.

"Damn is this how UA is every year? These kids are tougher than I anticipated." Hawks said at the end of the day, after being healed of minor cuts and burns sustained over the day.

"No. But this year they're particularly exceptional." Loki said, left crossed sat on a table after having some of her own injuries healed over, but not being able to restore her new azure, glowing scar along the bicep from making the building fall.

Hawks spotted the scar and his expression fell. "What have we told you about overexerting yourself?" He begged. "Please, you can't keep pushing yourself too far or one day you're going to die."

"I needed to make a show to the kids, I'm protecting them, I want them to feel secure." Loki explained, refusing to look at Hawks.

"EVERY TIME YOU DO THIS YOU SAY IT'S NECESSARY." Hawks yelled, standing up in anger, his fists clenched.

"BECAUSE IT IS" Loki yelled back as the blue colour in her eyes turned darker.

"WHAT HAPPENS WHEN GOING TOO FAR THAT IT KILLS YOU BECOMES NECESSARY, HUH?" Hawks demanded. "WILL YOU JUST DIE, BECAUSE WE BOTH KNOW YOU DONT DESERVE THAT."

"IT IS MY DUTY TO SERVE." Loki screeched.

"TO HELL WITH DUTY, YOUR LIFE COMES FIRST." Hawks retaliated. "THIS OBSESSION WITH SELF-SACRIFICING IDEALS IS NOBLE, BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT."

A rage filled silence sat between the two heroes as they were both beginning to shed tears in fury.

"I'm saying this because I care about you, you're my friend. But if you carry on making excuses for this instead of dealing with it...it's going to kill you." Hawks cried, walking up and embracing Loki.

"I know Keigo, I'll try and be more careful." Loki sighed. Wiping a tear from her eye and patting Hawks on the back.

"You better, Abby's worried too." Hawks said. "Take care of yourself, I need sleep." He patted her on the shoulder, and he turned and wandered out. Walking outside, and taking off into the sky, gone from sight within moments.

Back within Height's Alliance everyone was lounging around, all still regaining their breath.

"Are you okay?" Momo asked Jirou as she was sitting back with a cushion placed on her head.

"My back hurts and I'm tired." Jirou complained, holding Momo's hand as she put it on her shoulder.

"Do you wanna go upstairs early? Lie down in bed?" Momo asked, hands gently resting on her girlfriend's shoulders.

"I'd like that." Jirou murmured.

The two of them stood up, Momo taking one of Jirou's arms to help her walk and take pressure off of her walking. Slowly leading her up to her room.

The two of them slowly wandered away, and through the door to Jirou's room.

Jirou slowly stepped a couple of shaky steps at sat on the end of her bed. Momo climbed up and sat by the pillow on Jirou's bed.

Jirou slowly lowered herself onto the bed and put her head facing up in Momo's lap. Jirou let out a heavy sigh and closed her eyes. "I could fall asleep right now..." Jirou said.

"Feel free." Momo said. Running her fingers through Jirou's hair and bending down to kiss her girlfriend. A little smooch on the lips before lifting back up. "You're so adorable"

"I don't know how I got so lucky, you're so kind and beautiful." Jirou mumbled. Falling asleep and smiling while she's lowly drifted into rest.

Momo leaned down again, but booped Jirou's nose with her nose. "Sweat dreams honey." She said.