Lightning And Static.

Jirou's eyes slowly opened to see Momo's room around her, and her head resting on one of Momo's pillows. Momo was sat on the side of her bed in a tank top and shorts, pulling her hair up.

Jirou sat up and threw her arms over Momo's shoulders, her head resting in the crook of Momo's neck.

"Good morning!" Momo giggled. Jirou just groaned and nuzzled her head into Momo's neck.

"How do you have this much energy in the morning today? I could go back to sleep right now..." Jirou mumbled.

"I'm sorry! But we have to get up, we can't sleep in today." Momo chirped.

"Can't get up, want sleep." Jirou mumbled again and let go of Momo to just fall back on the bed. Jirou just closed her eyes and tried to go back to sleep.

Momo's smiled for a second as she stood up, and reached over Jirou, and reaching her arms under her back.

Momo picked her up, lifting her up, as Jirou's legs coiled round her waist. "If you won't get up, then I'll just have to carry you." Momo said.

"Hmmm, warmth..." Jirou muttered and smiled as she snuggled against her girlfriend.

Momo wandered down to the common space.

She started making a cup of tea with Jirou hugging onto her still.

"Do you want any coffee honey?" Momo asked.

"Mhmhmm." Jirou sleepily said, gripping into Momo a little tighter.

Bakugo, Kirishima, Uraraka and Todoroki were sat in the common space, all with hands full of cards as they all turned to see Momo sat by the coffee maker carrying Jirou.

Uraraka was smiling like an idiot giving the two of us a thumbs up, Todoroki was smirking, Kirishima looked like he was about to throw the two of us a parade and Bakugo gave an approving nod.

Momo picked up the coffee and wandered over to a free chair and set Jirou down in it, putting the cup on a table next to her. Momo looked round at everyone and motioned for them to turn around as she lifted up her shirt to make a blanket from her skin. Then pulling the shirt back down and wrapping the blanket around Jirou, picking up a cushion and setting her head on it.

Momo then grabbed her tea and sat down with her classmates to play.

However, outside one young man was sat on the grass, beneath the trees surrounding the exterior and with his back resting against one of the bushes. As Kaminari was sitting away from everyone, keeping himself in solitude.

He took a deep breath in as he stretched out his legs over the grass, and put his slightly shaking hands on the ground, but sighed as they continued to twitch.

"This is okay." He said under his breath, reciting it over and over. "It's better this way, this is okay..."

He felt everything around him almost numb, all that mattered was preserving the happiness of everyone else.

No point of risking ruining their joy...

It's better this way...

Inside cheers of laughter and joy picked up, celebration and unrivalled mirth, soon joined by more and more voices as the rest of Class 1-A joined the common space.

The cheers that reached Kaminari's ears would have been better suited to be from the Halls of Valhalla, mighty bursts of companionship and appreciation that could easily raise Aizawa from his deepest sleep.

Kaminari sat back, his back slipping, and somewhat vanishing into the bush.

"Denki Kaminari, what exactly are you attempting?" Loki asked, her head appearing in the corner of his view.

"I'm blending in with my people...begone, for you see me not." Kaminari said, awkwardly throwing up jazz hands and pushing himself deeper into the bush.

"Sure, but I know that face." Loki said, sitting down cross-legged in front of him. "Something's painful for you."

Kaminari winced as another cheer erupted from within Height's Alliance. Along with a chant of "Bak-U-Hoe! Bak-U-Hoe! Bak-U-Hoe!"

"PREPARE TO DIE YOU FILTHY MORTALS" Bakugo screeched back.

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING MORTAL, I CAME BACK FROM THE DEAD LESS THAN 24 HOURS AGO." Jirou shouted back. Loki winced.

Kaminari teared up. "i came up with that...i invented bakuhoe katsuki..." Kaminari cried under his breath.

"I know the feeling kid. The sensation of feeling useless, forgotten or a burden. It's an old friend." Loki sighed. Looking over her arm and some fresh azure scars, she opened two fingers slowly and a small wisp of light drifted out of her hand. "This is all I used to be able to create. I grew up in darkness for the most part so all I could wish to be real was light. I grew up thinking all I could make was light."

"And now you can make buildings collapse..." Kaminari sighed. "You're needed now, you keep us safe, your job is essential."

"I fucked it up though didn't I, Jirou died." Loki said, seeing her hand shake as she explained. "My point is that when I was younger, I thought I was only a burden, but now I'm a pro hero. You're still young, kid, you've got decades ahead of you, if you mess anything up, you'll have time to fix it."

"Just seeing their smiles die is enough to break my heart, I'd rather not risk it." Kaminari confessed, sniffing loudly and patting the ground where he was sat.

"Seeing their smile die is enough to break a heart, but seeing them smile again after it is enough to repair it." Loki explained. "You are afraid of them being hurt, and of the pain you'll feel when they are, but if they get hurt, they'll be back to themselves and smiling wider than ever soon. I promise, if it's the last thing I do,

you kids will get a happy ending."