A Rising Heartbeat

Jirou POV:

She's so wonderfully flustered. It's great to have her this embarrassed. She's so adorable.

But I still don't think she'll realise that I'm hitting on her.

"Are you-like...flor-flirting with...me" She stuttered.

WELL FUCK ME GENTLY WITH A CHAINSAW.

I tried to object, or move in any way. But from the fear I was just locked in place smiling at her, screaming internally.

I CANT DO ANYTHING

That's when everything started to get warmer, and warmer, and everyone started to stop and look around. Everyone went completely quiet.

People started to sweat, then the room started to have a faint blue glow. A number of people turned to look at the door. But just saw a door, completely covered in blue flames.

I looked over at Todoroki but he was just staring at the flames with unrivalled fear.

At the same time I watched as a portal of black and purple smoke tore open in the middle of the air. Running out of it was a man with a hand over his face and a long, tattered coat billowing behind him as he sprinted directly at Midoriya.

Following him was a blond girl brandishing a knife that leapt out of the portal, looked around for a moment then looked directly at Momo and started advancing toward her. Nobody else emerged but the portal appeared to stay open.

People started to try and flee, but the path to the front door is blocked by a villain and blue flames. A couple people begun to scream as flames started to eat through the ceiling and floor.

As people scream, Todoroki snapped out of his trance. He spun to look as Shigiraki's hand went for Midoriya's throat. As a blast of ice cascaded out of him.

The ice impacted against Shigiraki mid air as he grabbed it to disintegrate it. But after a moment the building shook as Bakugo ran up to a wall and blew a colossal hole out of the building with all of his sweat.

"EVERYBODY RUN" He yelled as Kirishima started to grab people too scared to move, carrying them outside, including among that, Mina. She was frozen in place, completely paralysed with fear. Uraraka and Tsu dashed to the exit and stood there to stop any villains from going after a hostage, as people were hurried out.

Outside I heard more explosions, as I assume Kirishima and Bakugo are fighting Dabi. But I couldn't focus on them anymore, Toga was right there.

She swung once with the knife and I stepped back to dodge.

A second swing, a second step back.

A third swing, and on my third step back I tripped up, landing on the floor.

She lifted the knife for a fourth swing at me, and a most likely deadly one.

When Momo's fist connected with her face.

She staggered back from the pain, but rose in another chorus of giggles as she held her knife in one hand and her cheek in the other. As Momo helped me up and pulled a sword out of her arm. Using her quirk to manifest the weapon.

"I don't have time to make anything more complex so this'll have to do!" She said as she pulled a second sword out of her arm and handed it to me.

Toga ran at us again, Momo stepped forward holding the blade flat, and as she caught the knife's blade against it, she pushed forward, shoving Toga to the ground and sending the knife clattering to the floor.

Toga regained her footing and made a run for the knife but I grabbed it from the floor. I plugged one of my earphone jacks into her ear and caused vibrations at the highest intensity I could.

She fell to the floor clutching at her head, as I grabbed the knife and pressed one of my jacks to the blade. The blade of the knife shattered outward leaving it as just a hilt. Toga was just laughing hysterically. Cackling endlessly until her face went limp and she dropped to the floor facedown.

She wasn't moving.

I unplugged my jack from her ear.

Is she dead?

I leaned down to her body.

...

I think that she's-

Her hand shot up and grabbed my throat.

She leaned up to my neck as bit me, drawing a little blood. I tried to pull back but she pulled me down, pulling me on top of her.

I looked down at her as she shifted and changed, with grey slime covering her, and remoulding, until I was staring at my own face.

She turned to look at Momo. Who was looking as flustered as she had been moments ago looking at me on top of myself.

Toga leans up to my ear and whispered. "Oh this is fun isn't it. But I'm not after you, I'm after her. Useful quirk that one is." As she pulled her legs out from underneath me, and kicked me in the chest.

Then grabbing my sword, and a syringe from a pouch as her waist, stood up, and ran directly at Momo.