Greetings and Farewells

The storm flashed and all participants, both living and dead started dissolving into the beam, transported away.

All Momo could do is hold the body of Kyoka Jirou as it peacefully lay in her arms.

She didn't even notice the Lightning clear around her.

She just held on to Jirou, and wept. The clouds might as well have let down a volley of tears, as Momo cried over the broken body of her astonishing girlfriend.

She heard gasps around her and hands grab her.

"OH MY GOD." Denki screamed, rushing in to reach Jirou's side. She had appeared in the middle of UA's common space where her class had been gathering to contemplate what to do, and formulate their own plan to retrieve Jirou.

"No." Todoroki gasped. Most of the class struck dumb as they say the bewildering sight before them. As Jirou's blood started to pool around her.

Bakugo looked in terror, as droplets of mourning water formed in his eyes.

Down the hall there was a crash of doors as Shinso, Mirio, Tamaki, and Eri dashed in.

"What's the problem?" Mirio shouted, bursting in ready to fight. Then seeing the body, and locking in place, paralysed.

Eri looked over and her eyes too went wide. You could also see the flashbacks in her eyes, the cuts along the arms, the pooled blood.

"No..." Eri objected. She ran over to Jirou, slipping past Mirio who tried to stop her. "Nononono."

Midoriya ran up to grab Eri. "Eri, please, she's gone. Don't cry, you need to be happy, you shouldn't be seeing this." Midoriya explained, starting to pick her up and lift her away.

But Eri jumped out of his arms and knelt down to the body.

"Don't want friend to be hurt." Eri shouted.

She sat next to Jirou's body right in front of Momo.

"You love her?" Eri asked Momo.

"I do." Momo gasped, her cheeks puffy and hands shaking. Covering her eyes with one hand and weeping into it, looking around the room for any sign of someone who could save her.

Eri held onto Momo's hand. "It's going to be okay. You're going to smile again." Eri explained. Letting go of Momo and putting a hand on Jirou's forehead.

Golden light flashed through the room as Eri's face scrunched up as she concentrated. The horn on her forehead started to grow larger as she carefully tapped Jirou.

In seconds the cuts along Jirou's arms started to erupt in light and burst into sparks. The wound on her back started to glow, the blood also beginning to ignite in bright gold.

Everyone stepped back and watched in awe as Eri weaved her Quirk's power

A layer of light washed over Jirou's body, as Eri quickly stepped away and focused. The light all dissolved in the air.

...

...

...

As Jirou sharply inhaled, like she was so waking up from a decades old slumber.

Momo gasped in relief, her face rising like the sunset on a new day.

"Thank you Eri. Thank you so much." Momo cried, embracing Eri. Eri flinched at first. Then happily wrapped her arms round Momo's head.

"No problem, Homo." Eri smiled.

"EXCUSE ME WHAT JUST HAPPENED." Denki shouted, gesturing wildly at Jirou moving again. "ARE YOU JESUS?!?!?!"

"Kneel before me mortals." Jirou croaked, then coughed.

"Hun, Hun. Take your time please." Momo said. "You did just die after all."

"Well," Jirou sighed. "how about that. Dead? Ok I was dead. That's just great. I was dead."

"You're such a dork." Momo laughed and kissed Jirou. Jirou's hand held Momo's chin as the two of them were reunited.

Not even death, hath done us part.