♦ 28 ~

After Nobunaga wrote down the information on the paper Chrollo had given him, he gave it back as Chrollo sat down on one of the boxes. He opened his book as he hold a pen on his othet hand.

This should be interesting~
He started to glow as he uses his ability, writing on the paper so fast that you would doubt if he even knows what he's writing.

After he was done, he gave it back to Nobunaga. Making not just me but the whole Spider curious as to what is written on that piece of paper.

"Huh? What is this? " Nobunaga asked.
"A one hundred percent accurate fortune written in verse. The ability to see the future. I stole this power from Nostrade's daughter." He explained.

So I heard that he can steal someone elses power. Didn't know that I could watch him perform it perfectly in front of me.

"One hundred percent accurate?" Nobunaga must have doubting that ability. Why can't he just go with the flow and stop asking questions?

"Each of the four verses predicts what will happen in that week" After Chrollo said that, Nobunaga silently read the paper without uttering a single word. Making us clueless about what is written on his fortune.

"This is the fortune his daughter gave me yesterday" Chrollo started saying, handing a notebook towards Nobunaga which the said man took and started reading whatever is on the pages.

"Is the precious component of the calendar... " Chrollo nod to him. They are the only ones who understands each other.

I turn my attention towards Hisoka who's listening quietly to the conversation. He didn't say any words. Just watch the spiders converse as I could see his calculating eyes already forming a plan.

I didn't listen to the conversation anymore but keep on watching Hisoka's face. I saw him smirk a little to himself. Enjoying whatever the conversation is about.

I could feel his arm wrap around me, looking at my face for a bit before turning his eyes back to the troupe. I wonder what could he have been thinking.

"Text Kurapika for me" Hisoka silently whisper. I look at him confused as he secretly pass me his phone.
"Tell him the troupe is alive" he added. The troupe is too preoccupied that they didn't even notice us.

After texting Kurapika, I gave Hisoka back his phone.

"Wait" Hisoka said before standing up and started walking closer to the group. "You should tell some of the other member's fortunes. Perhaps we could gather additional clues for avoiding the prophecy" Hisoka slowly suggested. His eyes never leaving Chrollo even once.

...

The troupe silently read their fortune while I stood at the side. I didn't agree with getting my fortune. I didn't even tell Hisoka my full name so why would I tell Chrollo?

As I watch the troupe, I saw Chrollo walk towards me, stopping once he's on my side.
"What do the boss want from me? " I asked, smirking as I spoke.

I look at his face and saw a small smile forming on his lips. His eyes on the troupe before us.

"Do I have to need something before standing next to you? " He calmly asked before finally looking at me.

"I don't know. Probably" I shrug before leaning on the boxes behind me. We didn't speak after that. Just enjoyed the silence for a bit before I started talking.

"What's your reason, Chrollo? " I asked silently. I am very curious as to where did the troupe came from. What is their main goal? Why are they killing people? Why are they focusing on stealing stuffs? To sell them? I don't know. Their motives are something I don't know, or never even cared to know before. But I am asking now because I'm bored.

"Reason for what? " He asked, looking at me.

"Reason for killing? Everything? " I asked, not sure about my questions either.

"Hmm... I don't know. Why do I kill?" He innocently asked himself. Looking down at the ground, looking like he's in a deep thought. Probably thinking about an answer.

"Should I answer my own question first? As to why do I kill" I said. He look at me as he nod his head, waiting for me to talk.

"It's probably because it's fun." I said, he looks confuse from my answer as I close my eyes and deeply think. Why do I kill? That's a really hard question. I didn't even realize it earlier. Why do I really kill? Is it because it's really fun? Or is there something else that makes me kill people?
"Hmm... I can't express it in words.. " I said as I look at him with a frown. Confused of myself. He started smiling at my answer before I started talking again. "We probably kill without a care because they doesn't have anything to do with any of us. Those people doesn't affect our life nor our choices in the future. We probably do it because nothing is there to stop us. We are not chained to something other then ourselves."

"hmm.. " he hummed at my answer. He look towards the troupe, clearly my answer is making him think.

"I don't know. Probably it's because it's fun too" I shrug and started to chuckle. He chuckle a little to himself to before looking at me. Seemingly refreshed from our conversation.

I look to where Hisoka is and saw him watching me. He lick his lips before sitting down with his fortune on his hand.

I heard Chrollo mumble something but I didn't register it on my mind so I look at him questionably.

He shake his head left and right before looking at Hisoka and then back at me. "You should think about your choices first before picking. You clearly didn't wait for the other choices to come before answering an unasked question" Chrollo said before walking away.

Huh? What's with him? What question is he talking about?
Hmm..?

~•~
A/N

Oh my Goddesses!!
I'm sorry for not updating. Here's an update.

Stay safe everyone!!
Don't go out of your house unless it's really necessary.

May God Walk With All Of Us and Guide and Protect us.
God bless People!! ♥

AOTxSoloLeveling fanfiction is Out!!

Vote and comments are highly appreciated.
Tell me your thoughts 💭