Chapter 4 | Dreams

( POV: RAZE AEDEN )

( POV: RAZE AEDEN )

I've been in this conference room for hours now, it's late at night, sometime in the morning perhaps. My little quarrel with Fallon was hours ago.

I can't understand why I was that angry. It's probably the way she doesn't care about my authority, my power, or my titles at all. I don't care about them either but when she dismisses them, it pisses me off.

Perhaps that's normal. What can I expect from a bastard? She has no titles, no- well she does have power and authority. Ugh, she's bad for my health. Literally.

She can't talk to me like that. Especially not in public. The guards won't take me seriously if she keeps behaving that way.

I guess I shouldn't have attacked her. Now, I made my intentions clear. I hope she thinks it was a momentary thing and not planned-out murder.

I can't believe I ever thought she was desirable. When she bumped into me this morning, I was actually pleased. I can't deny she's gorgeous and the way she carries herself is more than intriguing. She undoubtedly hates me, she made it obvious.

But that conversation turned me on way more than it should have. She was talking about killing me and I could only focus on her lips.

Not anymore.

Not after she acted that way. I can't let anyone insult me like that. She'll eventually find out that I'm going to kill her.

When I finally leave the conference room, I practically sprint to my room. My injury is killing me. The one by my knee makes me limp but it doesn't hurt that much. But my shoulder is something else entirely. She aimed perfectly. If she had missed, I would've been dead on the spot. I'm glad I am not the only one walking away with injuries.

Something she doesn't know is that I always dip my daggers in a sort of poison. This makes you tired, fatigued, and eventually leads to death. It comes in handy.

Let's say someone has overpowered me- which rarely happens- if I can cut or stab them just once, they'd be dead in a few hours. Fallon was lucky because I didn't have time to do that. I was too angry. I can still feel her nails digging into my skin, I think she even touched my bone at some point.

My room isn't warm anymore. The sun has faded and my one and only true friend the moon is illuminating my room.

The moon listens but never talks back. No judgments, no expectations. The best type of friend to have. It's colder now too, exactly how I like it.

I make my way toward the bathroom ready to get rid of these dirty clothes. I promptly disinfect my wounds and put fresh and clean clothes on. I brought a bottle of whiskey with me to ease my pain.

When I open my balcony door and step into the darkness, I breathe the cold air in. Relishing this moment. Breathing in the cold air after rainfall is my favorite thing.