Chapter 37 | Games

( POV: FALLON CROW )

"You're walking way too slow."

I huff while I continue to follow, "you better not be complaining about my tempo. Stop before I make you cry."

He stops in his tracks and turns back around to face me. He pulls at the cords of my cloak, yanking me toward him.

"I'm angry as it is, don't try to play any more games with me. Not now."

I swallow and look down because I'm way too nervous when Raze is like this.

"Why?" I smirk. I never said that he has to know how much he affects me.

"I'm serious, Crow."

"Damn, Aeden. Got it, okay!"

You can say our trip didn't go exactly well. We're walking back into the castle now and the king is rather displeased with how the day went.

He's not particularly mad at me. But he is pissed off.

Our day started well, the two of us cozy in the library. It went wrong the minute I suggested going outside.

Though at first, everything was still going splendidly. We walked around the town, we visited local bakeries and I made him buy me a lot of pastries. An awful lot.

Raze doesn't really like sweets. I mean he likes fruits but whenever there's chocolate or lots of sugar involved he doesn't eat it. Claiming it has something to do with his military training.

I believe him but I get uneasy whenever he mentions his military past. It reminds me of my siblings and how wrong it is what I'm doing with him.

He noticed that so he didn't fight me when I tried to make him taste an amazing apple pie.

"And? It's incredible, right?"

"It's good."

I remember I rolled my eyes at him which got him annoyed.

"It's more than good. It's heavenly."

"The young lady certainly has taste," the old lady selling the pastries had said. Raze bought a lot of pastries, cookies, and tarts. Because I couldn't possibly finish them all, I gave them to the children running around.

"Raze, you have something," I pointed out to it, "right here."

He wiped at it and it obviously didn't go away because there wasn't actually anything there, so I smiled and said, "let me help."

I grabbed his hood and stood on my tiptoes. His hood covered his face and I kissed him, tasting the pie on his lips.

"I think I like it much better this way,"

He smirked, "definitely, suddenly apple pie is my favorite dessert. He pecked my lips again and a giggle escaped me.

See? Everything was going remarkably well. We strolled- better yet I dragged Raze up this small hilltop.