Chapter 24 | A dragonheart

( POV: FALLON CROW )

Raze is angry.

Truly genuinely furious.

I don't understand why because when I woke up he was caressing my arm, brushing through my hair with his fingers, and just altogether being exceptionally kind.

Now he's sitting in the corner of the room, tying his shoelaces while angrily glaring at a vase with flowers in it.

Mountain flowers. They're beautiful. It's a unique flower and it only thrives here in Ravia.

People with great wealth usually do anything they can to get their hands on these flowers for their weddings or other significant and major events.

It's a blue purplish flower, it resembles a mixture of a rose and a tulip but it's much bigger and much brighter.

It's a symbol of prosperity for the wealthy. But it's a symbol of yearning and love for the underprivileged.

The flower grows in the mountains, under rough conditions but it still blooms. It doesn't give up. Also, the flower always blooms in pairs or groups, never alone.

It doesn't appear each year, only once in a few years.

They call it, 'The Dragonheart aflon" or just short, a Dragonheart or some even say an aflon.

They're unquestionably gorgeous, it must not have been easy to obtain them. I appreciate the gesture although Raze still glares at them.

I move the aflons from the little table they were set on and spot them on the nightstand, next to the bed.

He follows the flowers with his eyes.

"Are you allergic?"

"No," He harshly dismisses.

"Okay."

I think he senses my confusion regarding his demeanor but he doesn't say anything.

I'm supposed to be the angry one.

"I'm going." He says right before he slams the door shut behind him.

Okay then. He left me on edge yesterday, why is he so cranky? He literally worked me up, had me like putty in his hands, and then left me stranded. He embarrassed me. Or maybe I embarrassed myself...

Whatever, I think to myself. He's not worth my time. I walk over to the cabinet and dress warmly.

I'm not hungry at all so I choose to pass over breakfast mainly because I don't want to catch sight of Raze now. I'll steal one of Corvina's snacks. She always has them.

I stroll over to the cabin across from ours and knock on the door.

I've realized that I really missed him.