Chapter 32 | A flame

( POV: RAZE AEDEN )

( POV: RAZE AEDEN )

!! TW: VIOLENCE !!

"What were you two whispering about?" Zale asks.

It's so quiet in here, he doesn't have to yell to be heard.

"Funny you should ask that. Your sister just fell asleep after crying for what felt like hours because you got beat up."

See after Fallon pulled that stunt and entered my cell after I told her not to, they tortured her again.

After that, I visited her again. And then I got beat up.

Fallon then being stubborn as she is, again came to my aid.

Meridia realized that Fallon and I clearly don't give a fuck about our own well-being so instead of torturing Fal again, she tortured Zale.

This ruined her. She couldn't listen to it. Her reaction to Zale's torture was horrible but Corvina was seeing it happen in front of her.

Zale didn't get burned though. He got whips and hard punches.

So now I'm sitting in Fal's cell and I'll have to leave in a few minutes. To punish me, they're going to hurt Fallon again. And she's truly had enough.

But she has a plan. She told me it was a solid one. That's what the whispers were about. She told me I wouldn't like it.

One other plan was flirting with the guards. She is pretty beat up but her face is untouched, except for the redness. Obviously, I hated the plan but she said that she couldn't handle anyone else being put through this because of her. So if the others didn't work she'd do it.

I told her it wasn't her fault but she doesn't accept that.

She's trusting in something or rather someone but I don't know what or who exactly.

"She truly shouldn't cry for me when she's had four heavy as fuck torture sessions."

My jaw tightens when he reminds me of the number of times she's been through this.

Fallon's resting with her cheek against my shoulder and I can't help but lean down to kiss her plump lips.

Her cheeks are still red and her eyelashes are still wet from all the tears. I cup her cheek and keep brushing my thumb over her cheekbone.

I inhale her sweet scent as my arm automatically tightens around her.

She's truly an angel. My angel.

"I'll pretend as if the screen isn't showing that."

"That would be a great idea," I say while not taking my eyes off of the only person I care about.

"You know we have to talk about this right? If we survive, that is."

I roll my eyes at his pessimism, "we will. Stop being such a downer."