Chapter 23 | Bet on it

( POV: RAZE AEDEN )

( POV: RAZE AEDEN )

She finally looks at me and I can see her clouded eyes. Her mind must be racing with millions of questions and thoughts. I can see them forming in her brain while she stares at me with those golden eyes.

I see anger, hatred, and confusion but most of all I see worry in her eyes. That's the thing that gets me.

"Care to explain what I just witnessed?" Arryn dares to ask.

I can't believe that he's here. What is he even doing here? The minute that I saw him wrap his arms around her, I felt my blood boil.

I saw how he leaned in to kiss her, I saw how he inhaled her scent. This man is not just her friend.

But I already knew that. No one can be with Fallon intimately and stay friends. 

She's intoxicating in every single way.

"You just saw me, kiss my wife."

He widens his eyes at me with a cocky smile plastered on his face. Meanwhile, I continue to brush my thumb against Fal's cheekbone.

Arryn's eyes are glued on my movements and I sense Fallon slightly leaning into my hand before she angrily rips herself away.

"Not your wife," Fallon whispers to me before she takes my hand and starts to drag me away.

She hasn't looked at anyone else besides me.

"Sorry lads, my lady needs me," I shout at the men while I'm being tugged away, almost stumbling over my own two feet as she's determined to haul me away from here as quickly as possible.

I don't miss Zale's murderous glare, a big contradiction to Corvina and Sorin's not-so-subtle high five.

"Also not a lady." Fallon corrects, she's not looking at me, she has her nose and chin up as she walks forward.

"Not a lady but my lady."

Her hand tightens around mine. I look down at our intertwined hands and can't help the smile that's creeping up on my face.

She practically kicks the door open to one of the wooden cabins.

It's quite miniature, not something that I'm used to anymore but it seems warm enough to stay.

I notice a small golden plaque with our names on it. Meaning this is our cabin.

However, I already know Fallon will refuse to stay with me. She hasn't even said anything about it, yet I can feel her wrath.

She shuts the door behind me and I take the opportunity to wrap my arms around her waist, tugging her to my chest.

Her hands grab onto my chest while her eyes stare daggers into mine. I see the line of green in her eyes and I can also see my reflection in them.