Chapter 46 | Voices

( POV: FALLON CROW )

!! TW: SEXUAL ASSAULT !!

"She'll be fine,"

"But sir, she needs a medic."

"And she'll get one. We need to go home first. I can't stop. They're already behind us."

I open my eyes and instantly jump away. But I don't get very far. We're in a carriage, on our way to God knows where.

Deimos's hand is on my waist, his grip is strong. I glance down only to see that my hands are cuffed together with a long metal chain connecting them to some sort of tube or pipe, underneath the seat. I can still move a little but not much.

I told Raze I trusted him to find me. It wasn't a lie, I do trust him. But I trust myself more to escape. I know I can do it.

"Good morning," Deimos chuckles.

I look up at him and instantly gasp, "what's wrong?" He asks. No, not ask- he demands to know.

"You look like shit. Absolute shit." I smirk. I'm not going to let him see how I feel. I'm sad and exhausted but he'll only see my hatred.

"I guess Raze did a number on you, huh?"

Deimos pulls at my cuffs and yanks me closer, "speak of him again and I won't hesitate to turn back and kill him myself."

"I would love to see you try."

He bursts out in laughter. Actual loud laughter, he's enjoying this. "I won't let you trick me into going back.

"I wouldn't dream of it."

I slightly lean back, pulling at the cuffs for comfort. That's when I notice my dress. The blood is dried and darker. Everything comes back rushing in.

Mera's cry when she attacked that man. Raze's pleads for me to stay. Corvina's heart-wrenching screams for both me and Kenna. Laurent's look, Caen's bloodied clothes, Sorin trying to keep everyone safe.

And then I'm hit with even more vivid images. Images of Arryn's lifeless body, Kaan covered in blood, Kenna's red hair spread on the ground while Corvina sobs, Raze who's out of it because of the storm.

It's all too much.

They didn't deserve any of this. They deserved to live.

I took that from them. I took their life. They died because Deimos came to get me. Arryn came to warn me, that's why he died.

"Can I ask you a question?" I meet Deimos's gaze and notice his eyes were already plastered on me. His dark brown eyes seem soulless, though he takes so many souls. I guess one can't fill up a hole when it's void. There's nothing to fill.