Chapter 27 | Tavern girl

( POV: ZALE FEARSEY )

"Is this normal?"

I chuckle, "I wouldn't call it normal."

"But it happens?" Sorin questions.

"Occasionally, yes."

"Is she asleep?"

"More like she fainted from exhaustion." I nod.

I raise my brow at him when I see him move over to her, "should we wake her up?" He asks.

"If you have a deathwish," Corvina adds.

The table is surrounded by only the three of us- four if you count Fallon. We were about to sit and eat some breakfast when we found her passed out with her face on the table. She's alive.

We fought out who would check and Corvina lost. She was pissing herself when she tried to look for her heartbeat. The poor thing jumped when she felt the beats.

It's been three days since the meeting with the leader, quite an eventful meeting that was. Since then I haven't seen the king anywhere near her, at least not when Meridia or other locals aren't present.

I think she hasn't been sleeping, that explains her passing out. She'll wake up any minute now, I only hope it's not bad.

"Let's just sit and eat, she'll wake up when she's ready."

Corvina being used to this already plants herself next to me. She nudges me, "she's fine, stop worrying."

Being their oldest brother, I can't stop worrying. I'll only stop worrying when I'm dead. Which by the looks of it will be soon because both my sisters love driving me crazy.

"My lord?" I hear Kenna's voice.

"You know you can call me Zale, Ken."

"I know," she smiles

"I have something for Fallon but she's-" she doesn't exactly know what she's looking at so Corvina finishes her sentence for her, "she's preoccupied."

"Well the king told me to bring her this," she shows us the tray and it has food on it. All kinds of fruits, some bread with eggs, juice, water and I see some pills.

"What's that?" I ask her.

"Oh, he told me those were vitamins and one of them is for her headache."

"That's adorable," Corvina beams.

"Do you have the notepad on you?" Sorin asks her.

"Does it look like I have it?"

"Okay, damn. Drop the attitude." He jokes.

They both share a laugh while Sorin moves to take the tray from Kenna. "What are the two of you writing in that notepad all the damn time?"

"It's between the two of us," She winks at him and I decide to stay out of it. I know it'll only make my head hurt more.