Chapter 18 | Jealous

( POV: FALLON CROW )

!! TW: MENTIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT !!

Argenti is definitely the prettiest city in Ravia. The lotus river is truly enchanting, even prettier than anything I have ever seen in Selencia.

We've been here for a few days now, about four. I'm not really counting.

I ordered most of the servants to go home, It was mindless of us to string them along in the first place.

Only Madam Eira and Kenna decided to stay with us. Madam Eira didn't want to leave while the king is- I guessed it- sick.

His wound has already healed up pretty nicely- that's what I've been told. But he's incredibly sick. I hope he'll get worse. He deserves it.

I told him he would get sick but he pretended to be untouchable.

Speaking about untouchables, I haven't been close to him since our last chat when I left him with Madam Eira. He hasn't touched me once, thank god. 

I feel the same twisted fear I did so long ago. I worked so hard to get over it but a simple sentence from him crumbled all that progress.

As with everything, this is also his fault. Yet, he was right. Everything I touch dies or gets hurt, or something even worse than death. I'm scared for Zale, I couldn't give a shit about the King. If he dies because of me, I'll celebrate that.

But Zale troubles me, that's why I'm glued to his side.

"Alright little bird, spit it out." His dark eyes search my face but I control my expressions, showing him no sign of fear even though I'm constantly on the verge of losing it.

"There's nothing to spit out." I shake my head, acting nonchalant.

This is actually the first real conversation I had in days. I barricaded myself into the tent. Yes, we stay outside in tents. And every time I wasn't hiding in the tents, I was glued to the lake.

Since the Lotus River is too pretty to ignore, we're sitting outside. It's warm and we have the right equipment for it.

Z and Cor share a tent and I wake up every night because of their fights. Kenna and Madam Eira share a tent although I know Cor wanted to be with Ken, she's just too shy for that.

Laurent and Sorin share one and yes they also fight way too much. Laurent's hate for people is exhausting. He'll start a fight if you even breathe the same air as him.

The king and I both reside alone in a tent. Singular tent. No one else. I like being alone.

Everyone's tents are close to each other but I separated mine, I dragged it all the way to the other side, closer to the lake. And yes I can still hear my siblings fight.