Chapter 21 | Tea

( POV: RAZE AEDEN )

( POV: RAZE AEDEN )

Seven days. That's how long I've been alone with Fallon- and Madam Eira.

It has been four days since we found out about Fallon's condition.

I remember the rage I felt the first day we were left alone here. I was so angry at her for possibly being pregnant. As if it's her fucking fault. It isn't. I know that it isn't. But I wasn't thinking logically. At all.

I wasn't angry at her per se, I was angry at the consequences of that pregnancy. I was angry about becoming a father.

None of that is to blame on her.

Madam Eira was delighted, she couldn't wait for another royal child. An heir. Since the last family she served tragically died.

So when I looked at Fallon during dinner, I couldn't take it. She seemed so innocent and sweet and yes I know she's a fucking assassin but she looked way too elegant.

I rushed away from that table, away from her. I don't even remember where I stayed that night. All I know is I broke everything I saw.

The next day was even worse. I kept reminding myself how I could not become a father. I don't want children. But most of all I don't want them because I don't want to be the father to them that my father was to me.

That entire day I drowned myself in self-pity and general sadness.

The next day I was planning on doing the same until I very poetically came across some kind of animal.

She was eating something and a replica of that same animal only smaller was doing the same. I presumed it was the bigger animal's child.

That's when I finally thought about Fallon's feelings. She hadn't even realized what was happening.

Knowing what I know of her, I knew she wouldn't be too keen on having a child either.

I felt bad for her and decided to go back. I actually wasn't that far away, I was merely walking around the forest aimlessly, complaining about my life.

It was close to the morning when I reached her side.

I laid beside her, she slightly flinched when I touched her. This meant she wasn't even asleep. She probably hadn't been since I left.

This was confirmed when she turned around and I saw the small bags under her eyes. Her normally shiny eyes lost their sparkle.

I wanted to kiss her and tell her everything was going to be okay but I couldn't. I can never be a father. We would have to give the child away. I know she would want that as well.

I still can't forget the way she started panicking when I brought her to Madam Eira. I scared her. She trusted me in a way and I betrayed her.

She forgave me, that was clear when she kissed me like there was no tomorrow but I can't forgive myself. I promised I'd kill everyone who even dared to look at her. And then I'm the one who hurts her.