Chapter 16 | Onto the next

( POV: RAZE AEDEN )

( POV: RAZE AEDEN )

I catch her close to the lavatory. To my surprise, someone else is already with her before I reach her.

The owner of the Inn is talking to her, I see her stand differently. Still uncomfortable and on the verge of a panic attack.

I see her eyes widen and her hands behind her back start fidgeting. I move closer to them, approaching the two of them to hear what he's telling her.

"Your majesty." the man curtsies.

Fallon doesn't turn around to face me, she only moves slightly backward allowing her back to almost hit my chest.

"Is everything alright?" I ask the man who appears to be worried about something.

"I was asking your highness if she had seen my son. I can't seem to find him anywhere."

"Your son?"

I have an idea of who it could be but I hope I'm wrong. I reach out to hold onto Fal's hand and at first, she pulls away. I stand behind her so she just grabs my hand herself once she's too overwhelmed. I gently squeeze her hand, wanting to tell her everything will be okay.

"Yes, your majesty. Arryn is my son, I thought you may have seen him around here. I can't seem to find him and I'm starting to worry."

Fallon's grip on my hand tightens, she holds herself strong but I know this is killing her. The guilt she feels only worsens. I feel a little unpleasant but guilty? No.

I've lost that feeling, I don't experience that anymore. But she clearly does. Even though she acts like this bad and horrible person she's not at all like that.

She has her own fair share of merciless and cruel actions but she hasn't lost that feeling completely. Especially not for innocents.

"I'm sorry, we can't be of any help. I can ask my guards to look around?"

"Oh no, no that won't be necessary. Thank you, your majesty."

He curtsies again and leaves us alone.

Instantly Fallon lets go of my hand and opens the door to the lavatory. She steps into the room and slams the door shut.

I know she wants to be alone but she can't do this alone. No one really can. She's clearly having an anxiety attack, triggered by a multitude of things. I walk into the room to see her crouched on the floor with her knees against her chest and her hands in her hair.

Her breaths are short and loud, she can't control them.

"Leave," Fallon whispers. She doesn't sound angry or annoyed, only sadness and fear are clear in her voice.

"Fal, let me help you."

"I don't need help."

Her hands grip tighter on her hair and I hear her gasp for air. I crouch down in front of her after I lock the door. She's so panicked that she hadn't even done that.