Chapter 53 | Game of survival

( POV: FALLON CROW )

I wake up feeling a little startled and out of place. My eyes burn because of the sun shining directly into them. I look away, trying to hide from it, only to be met with my own sun.

Raze is still asleep, there's a smile on his face and his brows aren't furrowed like they were yesterday.

I snuggle more into him, feeling his hand at my back comforting me. I reach up and brush my hand over his cheek. I can't help but smile when I remember where I am and with who I am.

Raze is almost even snoring. I've never heard him snore before it's actually a little cute.

I lean in and place a small kiss on his cheek. My fingertips move all over his face, I brush my thumb right underneath his eye and then I see him start to move a bit.

He turns to his side, facing me completely. His eyes are still glued shut and the smile on his face still very present. His jaw isn't clenched, his entire expression seems peaceful.

I outline the shape of his face just like I did the morning after our interesting night in that carriage. I never thought it would come so far.

If I told that girl that she would fall in love with the king and that he would love her too? Yeah, she'd kill me.

His cherry-colored lips are begging me to kiss him. The sun is shining onto his skin and he looks like an actual god underneath the sunlight.

My hand is still on his cheek when I lean in to place a kiss on the tip of his nose. It's odd but it's something we do.

I feel safe now that I'm with him. I feel guilty for leaving everyone there but I promise myself that'll save them. Thinking back about my time with Deimos is hard so I try to ignore it.

But I know I can't ignore everything. I asked Aceso not to mention the miscarriage. Not to anyone. I know Raze wouldn't be able to handle that, even though I know he doesn't want children, this would break him.

Or maybe it's just that I don't want to face it myself. I had told him a part of it, I told him I lost it. He obviously, luckily, didn't understand that.

So I'm not going to tell him. I don't think I should.

Although being so close to him feels incredible, a part of me feels heavy. I know I need to process everything before I can return to my normal self. I just don't want to hurt him or anyone else in the process.

Raze starts to move a little again and this time he opens those green eyes of his. His smile grows when he sees me, his hands around my waist yank me closer while I notice his dimples pop because of his smile.

"Hi, darling." He says with that husky morning voice of his.

"I'm sorry did I wake you?"

"You can always wake me. It's all I've been wanting for weeks."