Chapter 25 | Night of terrors

( POV: FALLON CROW )

!! TW: SEXUAL ASSAULT !!

The usual location, with the same people. Deimos, his right-hand man, and all his other men. I watch myself from the outside. From the corner of the big room. My old room.

The only place I used to feel safe in. I'd hide here when people got to mean- mostly children. They can be real bitches. But I was a child myself.

I remember the purple curtains I used to hide behind while Corvina was looking for me. She knew I always hid there but still never found me.

Maybe she did it on purpose, maybe she enjoyed one of the only times we had together so much, that she didn't want it to end.

I watch as the basic shit goes down. The things I have seen a million times.

"You're mine... We could be happy... I love you..."

It's rooted in my brain. It's like a poem, a very dark and twisted one, but still a poem nonetheless.

Then something odd happens. He doesn't give me my signature scar, the one which I oh so adore. Not.

Did I agree to his proposal? No, that can't be possible. Fuck, I should've paid attention.

Deimos smiles and- oh god.

I can't watch this.

He straddles me. Gripping my wrists tightly in his hands, he pushes them above my head.

I see myself, an extremely scared version of myself.

She's crying but not screaming. She knows screaming won't save her. Yet when he leans down to kiss her chest, she cries out.

This never happened.

I don't remember any of this.

This must be my mind creating new kinds of ways to torture me.

Although I have read somewhere that people often block severely traumatic memories. That's not the case with me.

It can't be.

Yet the screams leaving her throat feel so familiar.

I look up and Deimos is ripping through her clothes. Kissing the swell of her- my breasts.

"I love you so much," he says to her while leaving bruises all over her skin.