Chapter 17 | fight, fight, fight

( POV: FALLON CROW )

I wake up before him.

Getting up isn't an option, our bodies are entirely entangled.

My head is resting on his chest while his hand grips my side. He plays with my hair for hours. Even in his sleep, his hand lingers in my hair.

I keep my arm around him and squeeze him tightly.

A mixture of emotions comes over me once my mind starts to process everything. I feel relieved, angry, guilty, and regretful...

Not regret, because I did it. Regret, because now I made everything so much harder for myself.

I reminisce about the feeling of his hands on me, his lips all over my body. The way he dressed me, soothed me, and looked after me. It isn't something I'm used to.

For once in my life, someone else took care of me. And I can't say that I didn't enjoy it. Because I did, I really did.

It's been two times now. This is the second time I fell asleep beside him. I don't sleep next to people, I can't.

My dreams worsen and the fear heightens. But somehow this is my second time, I didn't have a dream, those don't exist to me anymore but I did have a good sleep.

I vaguely recall how surprised I was when I woke up in the washroom. He looked so peaceful and that brought me peace. That was the first time in so long that I finally slept without suffering, without a nightmare. I silently hope that he doesn't wake up. The longer he stays asleep, the longer I can stay in this sweet and perfect fantasy.

Because the moment he wakes up, I'll have to pull away from him. Remove myself from this situation. This can't happen ever again.

It doesn't matter how good or even happy I feel. I can never be this close to him again. I practically ensured his death by doing this. Deimos won't let him live if he ever finds out and somehow he always does.

I don't know why that saddens me so much. I always thought his death would be caused by me, the idea of him dying because of someone else- it drives me mad...

So I need to keep my distance, I hate this man, I remind myself. And besides the hate, I need to be the one to kill him. Not Deimos or anybody else.

Also, his sleeping with me doesn't mean anything. He probably does this often. He's the king for fuck's sake.

Slowly I feel him move underneath me. And I hope he isn't waking up. I rest my hands underneath my chin and glance up at him.

His eyes are shut but he has a soft smile on his face.

I decide to take in all his features, to memorize his face because I will never get this close to him again.

I still can't comprehend why I not only didn't mind his touch, I longed for it. And after yesterday I don't know how I'll go without it.

He has lengthy curled eyelashes that perfectly frame his almond-shaped eyes. He hasn't shaved in the last few days, and a small stubble beard started forming.