Chapter 33 | Family

( POV: FALLON CROW )

"Corvina."

I mutter when I see my sister walk up to us. "Thank god, you're okay!"

Though my sister doesn't seem happy at all. Raze almost instantly steps in front of me when he sees she's not slowing down.

"I fucking hate you!" She screams at me. Startled is an understatement, I don't know how to feel. I notice Raze is making sure that she's not accidentally touching me because she's angry.

"Cor, what happened?" I say as I pull him back so I can talk to her.

"It's all your fault. Everything! She got shot because of you!"

"Who did?"

"Kenna!" She cries.

"Corvina, you need to calm down. Talk to her later."

But my sister is only warming up. I feel absolutely horrible. Not because of the things she's saying but because I can't focus on any of the words leaving her lips. My head has been throbbing since I was brought into the dungeon and it hasn't stopped. Not for a moment.

I also feel bad because I feel a bit relieved that she and my brother are okay.

"Are you even listening to me? Do you even realize what you've done? Seriously. First that Deimos guy- who wouldn't be so hellbent on killing you if you'd just let the adults handle it."

She's right. I shouldn't have done that. It was my ego, I wanted to prove to people that I could-

No! Fucking bullshit! I snap out of those thoughts. I saved that entire town, without me they'd all be dead.

"Secondly, this entire charade started because father sent you to the castle! It wasn't even us but you! As always you dragged us with you."

They wanted to come with me. But it's because they both know how much of a fuck-up I am. No, I remind myself. She chose to come, that's not on me.

"Then you failed at killing him. Got us trapped and almost killed by Deimos. Sound familiar? Yeah, because fucking Meridia almost did the same."

That's not my fault. I couldn't have known that! But you chose to trust Sorin and come here. Yes, but they did as well. I may be the one who made the decision but they had no other suggestions.

"Can't you just see that everyone you touch or love gets hurt because of you? Dies because of you? I'm not letting that happen anymore, Crow. I'm not letting you hurt us. I'm sick of it."

This is the only thing where I don't have any smart or witty comments for. She's absolutely right.

I hadn't noticed that Zale was here or Laurent or even Mera. I hadn't noticed any of them. What I did notice was Sorin standing next to me, as if he wanted to catch me if I fell.