Chapter 28 | The tape

( POV: FALLON CROW )

"Stop following me!"

He ignores my shouts and steadily walks up to me.

"I need to be alone. Just leave me."

I keep walking forward, back into the silent forest area we were a few days ago.

I'm exhausted. I keep passing out at the most inconvenient moments, it's nothing I'm not used to but with Raze around, it's different.

He can't be with me at night, they have made it impossible. Though I bet he enjoys it more this way.

I can sense his warmth behind me, his hands reach out to hold my hips when I trip over some branches.

A string of curses leaves my lips while I hear his chuckle.

"Raze, leave me alone." I swat his hands off my body and continue walking.

There are no benches here because people don't come here so I lean against a tree and sit down.

Raze crouches in front of me, "why are you running away from me?"

"I hate you,"

"That's nothing new." He smiles.

His hands cup my cheeks and I lose myself in his touch. I find it hard to figure out where he ends and I begin.

"Don't touch me."

"Are we back to this?"

"Yes!" I scream, getting back up again.

"Why?"

"It's what you wanted right? You spat some lies about sentimental crap and I was supposed to believe it. You could've just said you didn't want me and that would be that. Because trust me Raze, it's not like I want you! I'm tired of this pretending. I hate being close to you."

I actually want to tell him that I'm in pain. That it hurts me to fake these things. It hurts to only have him when others are with me.

I'm tired, my body aches for his warmth. I can't do this anymore. It's all or nothing and since I'm never getting everything, I prefer nothing.

This half thing isn't working. It pisses me off. But I can't tell him this. Because I shouldn't want him.

"Fal, we can't stop the pretending. It can't stop. And I never lied to you."

"I can't keep having you around me. It's bothering me."

Having no sleep for days makes someone crazy. I'm angry at the smallest things and can't even focus.

"Darling, stop."

He moves closer to me, "I know you're tired."

Psychically and emotionally, yes.