Chapter 12 | Sharing is caring

( POV: FALLON CROW )

"There's only one bed."

"I can see that, thank you."

"No, no you don't get it. There's only one bed." I continue because I don't think that he's grasping it.

He starts to laugh while he throws his clothes onto one of the chairs. He heaves the blanket up and curls up underneath it.

"Look. This is not what I wanted either but we have no choice. It's not like I want to share a bed with you, darling."

"I doubt that," I mumble. He looks way too comfortable and pleased with this. He's smirking. Fucking smirking!

"I heard you." He shoots back. "Look at you being cocky. You know that not everyone is obsessed with you right?"

"I know that." My voice slightly wavers. I don't really like that he said that but what I can expect from him? He's a pretentious stupid childish king. "Funny you should say that though. Especially after what you said in the carriage."

He raises his brow at me and gives me a smirk. "That was a joke."

"Sure."

I make my way to the bathroom, shrugging his jacket off and placing it neatly on the chair.

"What are you doing?"

"Undressing?"

"Why?"

"To clean myself?" I chuckle humourlessly.

"Shouldn't you do that in the morning? After you got some rest?"

"No, I won't get much sleep either way so it's alright. And you better be gone when I'm back. Find another room for yourself. Aren't you the king? Use it. You always do but now conveniently you're not doing that."

He cocks his brows at me, again, teasing me. "There are no other rooms."

I veer around and enter the bathroom without looking back at him again. The bathtub is already filled with water, they certainly took care of everything. I quickly get out of the rest of my clothing, cleaning myself with a wet cloth before I  slip into the tub.

The warm water feels like medicine to my skin. The wound on my collarbone is already healing, it looks way better than his. 

I'm hoping he'll be gone by the time I'm finished. I truly don't want to share a bed with him. Sleeping isn't even an option, not after tonight. But lying down in a warm bed could feel good.

I can't risk falling asleep next to him. He knows too much already. I also can't believe I kissed hi- let him kiss me. Three times for that matter. I still hate him, I will always hate him. This only complicates matters.

His touch doesn't scare me, it intrigues me.

It's not the same as what I had with Arryn. What Arryn and I had was something kept behind the curtains, a secret to everyone perhaps even to ourselves. I never felt intrigued by his touch. It was just a mere comfort.