Chapter 30 | Disappearances

( POV: FALLON CROW )

!! TW: VIOLENCE !!

"Everyone got soup except for me?" Mera exclaims during our now regular morning run.

"I heard some noises coming from inside your cabin and I wasn't about to walk into that situation."

Seriously. Kaan and Mera were having an intense night.

She laughs and halts as she wipes the sweat off her forehead.

"You could've joined us, doll." She winks.

"You couldn't handle me," I laugh.

"Raze needs to step his game up before we become a throuple."

I roll my eyes at her, "done for today?" I ask once I feel the exhaustion hit me. She seems relieved.

"I thought you'd never stop."

I can't help but smirk, "As I said you can't handle me." With that being said, I walk back towards my cabin.

I'm desperately in need of a bath and some time to rest my muscles before my training session with Sorin and Zale.

"Fal, we on for this evening?" Kaan shouts to me when I near my cabin.

"Yes! Don't forget to bring your own daggers!"

He smiles, "yes, captain!"

I'm keeping myself extremely busy with a lot of physical training. Something in me tells me I should be at my strongest. It's an inkling that something bad is around the corner.

I've also noticed that since I've been training more, the guards at my cabin have been doubled.

Though I feel physically strong, mentally something is still lacking. I'm not necessarily fainting anymore but I'm also still not sleeping. It's odd.

I enter my cabin and almost instantly let myself drop onto my bed.

Knowing I don't have long, I go to the bathroom and refresh myself. I put on some new clothes, Raze's shirt and one of my fighting pants. Raze left a lot of his clothes here with me.

He pretends they're not here and I pretend to wear them on accident and not because I miss his scent.

A knock on my door takes me out of my trance, "Coming!" It's probably Sorin coming here to pick me up for our session.

"I hope you're not." to my surprise that's not Sorin but Laurent.

I hastily open the door and let him in, I still have some time before I'm too late.

Laurent starts pacing back and forth, he seems worried, panicked, and perhaps even a bit frightened.

"Who died?" I ask.