Chapter 41 | Tired yet?

( POV: FALLON CROW )

"I need to be alone, I'll be back."

I try not to make eye contact with anyone as I walk off, particularly not with Raze. I had the exact nightmare I had back at the cabin in the mountains.

However, this time it was even worse. I kept seeing him getting tortured and I saw that fucking image of the ball again. Where he was clutching onto a dead me before he got shot himself.

I can't keep seeing it. It's the nightmare I keep having ever since Deimos was here. I don't see myself getting hurt, I see Raze getting hurt and I don't understand why.

Maybe walking can help me clear my mind. In the shadows, I see a dark creature make its way towards me. It's little - not so little - Arc.

"Hi, baby," I say when he nears me.

I had already fed him earlier but he's a big boy so I think about feeding him again when I notice something in his mouth.

"Is that a bird?" I see a feather in his mouth but that's all.

"Arc, here. Come on, open your mouth."

He's just like a dog and refuses to open his mouth. He knows he did something wrong.

"Arcane, open now!"

I pull the feather out of his mouth and it's only that. A feather. Then I notice blue lace around the feather.

"Oh god! Did you eat a dress?" He obviously doesn't answer.

"Baby, you can eat anything except mommy's dresses and jewelry. Or mommy will kill you, yeah?"

It's our love language. I threaten him, he bites me. It works.

He jumps onto my lap once I crouch down and I kiss his fuzzy fur. "That's a joke, I'll never kill you. I will cook you for dinner though."

I swear he laughed at that but I guess I can never prove it.

He pushes his head underneath my hand forcing me to pet him so I do.

Now that I know Sorin was drugging him I'm not surprised that he's still up. With some training, I can get him used to a new sleeping pattern.

I hear some noise coming from the bushes, Arc also looks up to see who it is.

Arc jumps out of my arms when the person steps out of the shadows and he senses that it's someone I don't know.

"Your majesty-"

Like a good boy, Arc launches at the man.

The man pulls out a gun and shoots out of fear but I kick the gun out of his hand before he can hit my adorable fuzzy baby.

"Have you lost your mind?" I shout.

Arc is about to bite the man but I stop him, "down, boy. It's okay." I pull him into my arms again. Though I know he'll quickly grow out of it.