Chapter 8 | Preparations

( POV: KENNA NERELLE )

Finish the lace details on the dress. Check.

Wake Fallon. Check.

Help Nyx and Aiyana with the decorations. Check.

I did everything I should've done. Then why does it feel as though I have forgotten something?

I'll need to check the list again to see if I missed something.

Finish the lace details on the dress. Check

Wake Fallon. Che-

Oh no, oh no! How could I ever forget this? This day is literally about her and the king! Oh my god, they'll have my head.

"Madam Eira, can you please take this tray to Lord Fearsey? I totally forgot to wake Miss Crow."

"Oh, dear! Yes, sweetie. You go! Be fast! It's still early but she needs her time, it's a huge day."

"Thank you! Thank you!"

I run out of the kitchen as fast as I can. I scramble up the stairs as fast as my feet can drag me. Please, let her be up. Please, let her be up!! I reach the wing, hastily knocking on the king's door. I quickly fix my clothes and hair.

The King flings the door open and I instantly avert my gaze.

"Good lord! Y-your majesty."

I try to curtsy but I'm so shocked. The king's upper body is bare and I think I can even see some blood on his abs.

"D-do you need me to call Madam Eira?"

"I'm fine," he sneers.

"You should honestly check Miss Crow," he raises his voice even louder. "Since she has no fucking manners!"

"Is she alright? Did the two of you get into an accident?"

"Oh yeah, a big one! Where she ran into me with a knife!"

"On accident?"

"Of course not!"

I make my way toward Fallon's room and walk in without even knocking. I am so scared for her. When I step in she's just getting out of her bath wrapping a towel around her torso.

"Miss, are you in good health? The king said I needed to-"

"The king is overreacting!" She too shouts.

"Oh thank god! I was so scared!"

"There's no need for that, Ken. Now help me please, I want to leave this room immediately."