Unmasked

"Running away was one thing, but this? You've crossed the line." Qrow says. "Sorry brother, sometimes family disappoints you like that." Raven says, smirking. "We're not family anymore." Qrow says, anger clear on his face. "Were we ever?" Raven counters. "I thought so, but I guess I was wrong." Qrow finishes, before they begin to fight. Blow for blow, they fight continuously. Both trying to get the upper hand. Back and forth they went. I grit my teeth, shaking my head in disappointment. Dammit guys...I knew the two of you butted heads a lot but this..? I continue to watch, but neither of them stopped. 'Solar, promise me something..' The memory of the promise I made, rises from the depths of my mind. 'If something ever happens to me...promise me you'll keep her safe.' Qrow made me promise that, the last time he had come back to the Tribe. Despite how they acted around each other, Qrow cared deeply for his sister. No matter how much they fought, he still had her back. I have kept that promise, for 15 years.. It would be a lie, if I had said there wasn't times where I was tempted to break that promise. Raven was and always has been, a very difficult person to deal with. 

When Raven had come back, a few weeks after that day, she had told me Qrow was dead, that he was killed by Huntsmen. When I asked how it happened, she said that their reasons for entering the Academy, had been found out, and Qrow had paid for it. I know I was foolish to believe her, without checking for myself, but I was young, and the three of us grew up together, I thought I could trust her. I tighten my grip on my weapon's hilt. But it's become increasingly clear, that isn't the case.. I narrow my eyes and stand up. Now I know why Raven didn't tell me what she was planning.. It was no secret, that I had always been closer to Qrow, rather than Raven. She knew this, and when it was revealed that Qrow was alive, she knew I wouldn't have gone along with her plan if she had told me. She knew, if I was put into a situation where I'd have to choose between her or Qrow, I would always choose him, without hesitation. It's only natural. After all, if it wasn't for Qrow finding me all those years ago...I never would've survived..

I snap out of my thoughts, looking back to the fighting twins

I snap out of my thoughts, looking back to the fighting twins. I've had enough of this, promise or not, it ends today. With that thought, I jump down from where I hid, landing on the ground with ease. Once there, I make my way forward. I have to stop them. With that thought, I run. As I made my way forward, the fight between Vernal and Weiss, blocks my pathing. Sorry Vernal.. I jump in between them, grabbing ahold of Vernal's wrist, stopping her attack on Weiss, who was on the ground, trying to stand. But if she's with Qrow.. "What are you doing?!" Vernal asks shocked. Weiss doesn't know what to make of this. Then I have to help her. "What I should have done a long time ago." I say, before narrowing my eyes, pulling her wrist to the side of me, knocking her off balance. With her in that position, I sucker punch her in the side of her face, releasing her wrist, just before I make contact. This sends her flying to the side of me, crashing to the ground a few feet away. I glance over my shoulder at Weiss, seeing her eyes wide, as she looked from Vernal, to me. "Uh...thanks, I guess..?" she says questioningly. I give her a nod, before looking back towards the twins, and resuming my course.