Awakened

Qrow's P.O.V.

After eating dinner, we all file out. Ruby and I are the last ones to leave. Because of this, I notice Ruby continuously looking at me, like she had something to say. So, I decide to ask what's wrong. "Something on your mind, kiddo?" I ask. Hearing this, her eyes widen, before she shakes her head. "N-Nothing, I was, just thinking about you and Solar's match.." she says, trailing off. "Hmm..? What of it?" I ask curiously. Ruby is silent for a while, unsure whether to speak or not. But, after a few moments, she finally does. "Well, I was just curious about something.." she trails off again. Raising a brow, I tilt my head. "Oh? About what?" I ask. "Well, during your match, you never used your gun. At first, I thought it was because she doesn't have one, but...as time went on, I started to have this strange feeling.." she says, trailing off, to think about how to describe what she wanted to say.

Hearing this, my eyes widen, and I look back on my thought process during the match

Hearing this, my eyes widen, and I look back on my thought process during the match. Remembering my reasons, I sigh. I didn't think any of the kids would catch something like that.. In truth, there was a very good reason for why I never used my gun in our match. Snapping out of my thoughts, I quickly put on my poker face. "Is there...a different reason..?" She asks curiously. I'm silent at this, pondering over whether to tell Ruby the reason or not. She's too smart for her own good sometimes.. "Uncle Qrow..?" Ruby asks, confused at my obvious silence. I remember what Solar once told me, and sigh in sadness. I never want to cause Solar to relive 'That Night'...for her sake...I hope 'That Memory' never sees the light of day again..

I hope 'That Memory' never sees the light of day again

After a few moments of silence, I sigh. She can probably tell something's up, I guess I can tell her something...I just won't go into detail about it...I'll leave the rest for Solar to decide whether to tell them about the reasoning or not.. "You're sharp kiddo, I'll give ya that.." I say, rubbing the back of my neck awkwardly. "Huh?" Ruby asks confused. Sighing again, I speak. "You're right. There is another reason." I admit. "Really? What is it?" She asks. "It's...a long story. But, to put it simply, Solar's...scared of guns.." I admit. Hearing this, her brows furrow in confusion. "I won't go into detail, but let's just say there's a very serious reason, on why she never built a gun into her weapons. Sure, she's fine fighting alongside guns, but...the moment one is pointed directly at her...she'll freeze up immediately.." I trail off with a sigh, and shake my head. A few moments of silence pass between us, before I clear my throat. "Anyway, c'mon, let's turn in for the night." I say, before leading a very confused Ruby away.