Atlas

Solar's P.O.V.

"How long until we reach Atlas?" I ask curiously, walking up to Ruby, Qrow, and Maria. "A few hours still, might as well get some rest." Qrow says, glancing back towards me. "Are you expecting a fight?" I ask. "Honestly, I don't know what I'm expecting. I just know things never go smoothly, no matter what we do. Something tells me we aren't out of the woods yet." He says, sighing.

"I agree. If there's one thing I've learned in my travels with you people, its you're all magnets for Bad Luck." Maria says. I sigh and shake my head softly. You have no idea. "No matter what awaits us in Atlas, we should have just enough fuel to make it." Maria says. "Thanks Miss Calavera." Ruby says, before walking past me, and starting to walk back towards the others. "Hey Ruby.." Qrow calls out, stopping her. Ruby looks back towards him. "You did great out there today Kid." Qrow says, a genuine smile on his face. Ruby smiles happily at his words.

Hearing him say those words to Ruby, brings a smile to my face. "Just don't go giving me heart attacks like that again." Qrow says, taking out his flask. Seeing him unscrew the cap, I find myself holding my breath. However, to my surprise, he stops himself, and lowers the flask. My eyes widen, before I exhale in relief, a proud smile forming on my lips. Seeing Qrow stopped himself from drinking, Ruby smiles happily, and hugs her uncle. "I love you too." Ruby says, before letting him go, and looking towards me. I nod at her with a smile. With a bright smile, she makes her way back to the others.

I look forward once more. "You weren't half bad yourself today Qrow." Maria speaks up. Qrow's eyes widen and he looks to her in surprise. Seeing this, I place a gentle hand on his shoulder, catching his attention. He looks up at me and smiles kindly, before sighing. "I feel like they did all the heavy lifting.." He says, lowering his head. "But, you were there to help when they asked for it, and you were there to catch them when they fell...literally, if I recall." Maria says. I nod at this, laughing quietly. Qrow smirks at her words. "Thanks. Both of you." He says, before looking to me.

The look on his face, as he turned to me, shows a trace of his old self, making my smile grow. There's the Qrow I know. Welcome back, old friend. I give his shoulder a gentle squeeze, nod at him, and let go. "You know, it was pretty incredible getting to see The Grimm Reaper in action.." Qrow teases, looking to Maria with a smirk. Maria scoffs at this. "You should've seen me when I was young!" Maria says, waving off his teasing, before looking forward again. Qrow and I exchange a glance, before both of us laugh quietly.

After a few more moments, I take my leave of them. I start to walk back to the corner I had claimed at the back of the ship. "I'm sorry you went through that nightmare.." I hear Weiss say, making me stop in my tracks, looking towards her from the corner of my eye. She sat next to Blake and Yang. "But...I'm glad Yang was there for you in time.." Weiss says, smiling softly. Yang and Blake smile at Weiss, before Yang takes Blake's hand gently. Now that we're safe, I can keep an eye on them. If they really went through what I suspect...it won't be long before it starts affecting them..

As I think this, Blake and Yang notice me standing there, and look towards me questioningly. Suppressing the urge to jolt in surprise, I nod to them. I must remember to give them space. If I am too hasty, I could push them even further away. If I am too reckless, it will destroy any hope of helping them. With that thought, I take my leave, continuing on to my original destination. I sit down, exhaling slowly. I lay the back of my head against the cool metal of the ship, looking up at the ceiling. This will certainly be difficult, especially when they do not trust me yet, but.. I yawn quietly, before I let my head roll to the side, glancing toward the two girls once more. I simply hope that I can help them.. I sigh, before allowing my eyes to shut. Just as he helped me.. With that last thought, I allow the quiet hum of the ship, to lull me to sleep.