Chapter 6: Struggle For Trost Part 4

Earlier the same day the wall was breached the Scouts had left for a mission, those from the Training Cor including Ayane who was able to see them off saw it happen, though honestly neither the Scouts nor those fresh out of training could foresee the attack on the wall...thus Captain Levi, Section Commander Hange and Commander Erwin themselves didn't have a clue to the dangers Ayane and her friends were currently in...

While out on their mission several Scouts were killed and at the moment one was hanging from a Titan's mouth.

"One day...one day...you'll all just be a bad memory, mankind will kill all of you mark my words the last one standing will be us!" The soldier says stabbing the titan in the face.
That only resulted in him getting bit into even further making his injuries even worse.
"Eat while you can, bastard. Just wait until Captain Levi-" He says but that's when Levi made his entrance.

Levi swooped in killing the titan and landing on the roof of a building.

"One on the right, two on the left." Levi comments.
"Captain! The reinforcements are here sir!" Petra says as she arrived with Eld and Gunther.
"Good. Tend to our comrade bellow, Petra. You two take out the titan to your right, the pair on the left belongs to me." Levi orders then quickly leave.
"Captain wait!" Petra calls out.

Further on Hange arrives cheering for joy as she flew with her ODM gear near a titan that caught the eye of two soldiers. Made a few comments before she quickly avoided being grabbed by the titan and went in for the kill.
Back with Levi he landed on a roof and began walking up to the two titans.

"I know you probably can't help being hideous, but I can't help being tired looking at you," Levi comments effortlessly killing both.

Before joining Petra to check up on their comrade to suffered horrible injuries from the titan before he cleaned off the blood from his blades and hands even though it would've evaporated soon.

"Captain...I-I can't stop the bleeding," Petra says.
"Captain...Levi..." The soldier whispers.
"I'm here," Levi says after getting on a knee near the injured man.
"Did...did this...make a difference? Was I...helpful? Don't tell me this was for nothing..." He begged.
"We've made great strides today more solid, and tomorrow because of you. Your strenght won't die with you, the troche will be carried on by me! This I swear! On my life, the titans will be eradicated!" Levi tells him gripping the man's hand that had blood on it.
"Sir, I'm sorry he's..." Petra says crying as she looks away.
"Did the man hear what I had to say? Any of it?" Levi asked her.
"Yes sir, a matter of fact I think he heard it all. Look at him that's a face at peace." Petra says.
"We can hope," Levi says as he stood up.
"Levi! We're pulling out." Erwin says as he arrived.
"Sir?" Petra asked.
"What do you mean? You damn well know we can push further. My men didn't die to pave our retreat!" Levi says annoyed.
"There's a swarm of titans moving North. They're bearing down on the city." Erwin tells them making Levi's eyes widen a bit.
"But Ayane is there!" Petra says shocked.
"It's just like five years ago, something tells me this is going to be bad. For all, we know the walls are already reduced to rubble." Erwin says.
"But...Ayane just graduated! Captain, we must get their quick!" Petra says.
"Let's move out!" Levi shouts.

Obviously, Levi was worried for his daughter, yes he knew she'd be okay and could hold her own when in battle but this would mark her first time ever dealing with titans upfront. He scoffed and how unlucky this was for an attack on the wall where the new young soldiers fresh out of training were forced to face.

'Ayane...damn brat you better hold off until we get there.' Levi thought.

                                                  -----------------------------------------------