Chapter 59: The Door Of Hope

**Reiner's Memory**

Reiner remembers clearly that when he was a child his mother would always tell him stories of why their people were abandoned by the 'devils of the island' and how they took the last remaining Okumura family members with them, making them believe they were taken against their will.

His father was a Marleyen while he and his mother were Eldians, one of the reasons why he became a warrior was so that he and his mother could be like his father and maybe...hopefully, his parents would be together again like the rest. Not to mention he could be one of the few who would be successful in bringing back the Okumura family.

But things never were as they seemed...not one bit.

Back then when everyone were still kids those in Marley were training to be 'heroes' so that their families could have a better life whereas back in Paradis people living behind the walls were going on with day to day life, Eren wanted to venture out beyond the walls since the beginning whereas Ayane at such a young age was dealing with the death of her family constantly.

Death was all Ayane Ackerman had known, and for a girl that young things would stick hence how she became over time.

Back in Marley before the fall of the walls on Paradis, the higher-ups were amazed at how powerful the titans they had in their grasp were, the Female Titan that was given to Annie, the Armored Titan which was given to Reiner, the Jaw Titan had been given to Marcel, the Beast Titan had later been given to Zeke, the Cart Titan had been given to Pieck, and finally, the Colossal Titan had been given to Bertholt.

All these six titan shifters had already brought a nation to its knees even though they were still children at the time, Porco though was annoyed that he wasn't picked to be a shifter as he was clearly the best option for one of them. Reiner was the one at the bottom, though Reiner just smugly resorted back.

Later those who were chosen to go to Paradis island were sent off with cheer and joy, Reiner's mother seemed to be proud of him but when Reiner noticed his father he later went to confront him but nothing turned out in his favour as apparently, his Eldian blood was more than enough to keep his father away at a large length no matter how much crap Reiner tried...he and his mother wouldn't be accepted.

To him even if he didn't have a father he was gonna go to the Island and take out as many 'devils' as he could so he would be able to return a hero. Though as soon as they got on the Island things didn't go in their favour much since Marcel admitted why Reiner even got the Armored Titan in the first place...Marcel just wanted to protect his brother so he began apologizing to him even though that confused Reiner a lot.

Not to mention when a titan appeared behind him Marcel still pushed him out of the way, in a result Marcel was eaten by said titan there. Now all there was left was Reiner, Annie and Bertholt to continue on with their mission and finish it quickly if they could. Reiner back then had convinced the two that if they could get the Founding Titan and a member of the Okumura family then they could probably get whoever has the Jaw Titan and still go back home safely.

Hench their attack on the walls and began the whole purpose of both Eren and Ayane's desire to become soldiers of the Survey Corps...but things quickly went from bad to worse as it was later revealed that everyone in the Survey Corps was her family and as one by one they were killed off Ayane's anger and rage began to grow faster and faster. Not to mention Eren's hatred for titans began and his thirst for freedom grew worse.