Chapter 44: Friends

Back within the walls some of the soldiers with the MP's were building a structure that would lead towards Historia's coronation of becoming Queen of the walls. Though there was some talk among other soldiers about whether or not Ayane would make an appearance at her side since she is indeed the last remaining Okumura.

Though Nile explained a bit that Commander Erwin wanted to get more proof of Ayane's biological family line before making any assumptions, along with the fact that if it ended up being completely true then Ayane would need time to take all of it in before deciding on what she wanted to do.

Speaking of Ayane she was actually with her father as they searched the area where the titan of Hisotira's father dragged his fat ass around to see if there were any survivors of Kenny's team, but honestly, no one could survive with the roof caving in on them...the Scouts were lucky enough themselves since Eren had found that armour bottle and transformed so quickly.

"There's no one left, father," Ayane told him.
"Seems that way, but keep a lookout for Kenny...I know he's nearby somewhere." Levi told her.

With a nod of her head, she continued on following him at his side, few minutes later a soldier called out for them.

"We found Kenny Ackerman, he's still alive!" He shouted.

And that's how they found him, when both the father and daughter duo confronted him. Kenny decided to explain what had happened all these years along with when he ran into Levi...not to mention what he was told to do when he found an Okumura member.

                                                   **Many Years Ago - Kenny Ackerman**

For a while, Kenny truly believed he was the strongest man in the world...that was until he met a man who was able to turn into a titan. His encounter was an odd one as the two brothers captured him while the other wanted to blow his head off. However, somehow the man who could turn into a titan figured he was an Ackerman.

"Tell me does the Okumura clan sound familiar?" Uri asked.
"Ha? How the hell am I supposed to know them?" Kenny asked.

When Uri let him go Kenny was confused, he was even more confused when Uri mentioned that considering that since it wasn't just the Ackerman clan that were prosecuted but the Okumura's as well that both had a right to hate him.

'The Okumura's were as well? But...they were almost nearly related to one another! Or was that just another fucked up lie?' Kenny thought.

Not long after however Kenny would later find himself within the government himself, but his position once again brought an end to the Ackermans prosecution but that didn't end the Okumura's....sadly they were still hunted and Kenny was given the job to search for them despite the fact that for some odd reason it felt just outright wrong for him to do so.

To him, it felt like he was hunting down family and for some reason it bothered him so much.

It was a while later when Kenny went to visit a woman who went by the name of Kuchel, however in the end she had passed away from a rather unknown disease. Shockingly enough however Kenny found a 'little brat' sitting far off by a wall looking like he too was nearing death's doors himself.

That's where Kenny had met Levi for the first time, the kid was emotionally scarred by whatever he had seen in his life which left Kenny to sit down for a moment on the floor and talk with the kid...he thought of what the hell he should do with him but in the end, took him in under his wing for a short amount of time.