Chapter 32: Children

Moblit gathered a squad and checked out Connie's village, but what was troubling was that there were no bodies nor blood anywhere. There clearly was something amiss here and Hange for some reason wanted them to check it out before anyone or anything cleared it up before they could get a better look at it.

The fact that the homes themselves were empty and most of them were destroyed or halfway gone...not to mention there was still a large number of horses and no human was able to get far from any titans nearby on their own feet...they'd be grabbed and quickly eaten.

A soldier handed over to Moblit a picture of Connie's parents, rather quickly the titan laying over Connie's home tried to move but with its very skinny limbs, it just fell back down. That action alone startled the soldiers but when Moblit picked up the picture again his eyes widen in horror...the woman in the picture...looked just like the titan laying over that house.
Just what the hell did this mean?

                                                             **Back In The Forest**

"It's your call, what's it gonna be? Is it Kirsta's future? Or your own petty existence?" Reiner asked.
"Hey talk! Who's the real enemy here!? Tell me!! Who is it and why do they want Ayane!?" Eren yelled holding Ayane close.
"Couldn't say," Ymir replied.

'Sorry Ayane, but Kirsta's life is more important to me than yours.' Ymir thought.

"Alright then. Sorry, Eren." Reiner says.

Eren just scoffed in frustration as gently pressed Ayane's head a bit closer to his chest, his heart broke with each breath she took as it was laboured with pain. He knew Ayane needed proper medical attention but he wanted to get her some help now.

Well..help might just arrive sooner than he thought since in the distance the sound of smoke bullets was heard and in the air, a green one was in the air. While Reiner and Bertholt talked among themselves Eren looked out towards the sky and saw the smoke flares.

"Hang in there, Ayane. Our friends and your family are on their way. So just hold on a bit longer." Eren whispered.
"I know...ugh this hurts..." Ayane whispered.
"Don't talk too much, I don't want you to strain yourself any more than you've been through." Eren quickly said.
"R-Right..." Ayane replied.

Even with her eyes closed, Ayane knew that since the Scouts were on their heels they'd be moving forwards again. Which meant more movement to her body that she'd pass out from the sharp white pain she'd be soon going through.

'Fuck this shit...soon as I heal I'm gonna hunt these bastards down...count on that.' Ayane thought.

"What are we gonna do when we hand over Ayane?" Bertholt asked taking a look at her.
"Her powers should be awakening by now. All she needs is the Founder to open that door and she'll be ready to go with what her blood-line has been born for since the beginning." Reiner explained.
"It's not like Eren will be willingly helpful in that case," Bertholt replied.
"If it does come down to it we'll have to force him to use the Founder in order for that proficiency to truly come to flourishing...it's not ideal but it's all we got if the world is to be saved." Reiner sighed.
"She'll kill us all whenever her injuries heal though." Bertholt pointed out.
"We can use her father or even Eren should something like that happen," Reiner suggested.

Yeah, there was that but still, Ayane was one of the top soldiers the Scouts had...not to mention she shared the top spot in the Training Corps. Even if they thought they would be able to use the two most important men in Ayane's life it still meant that she was a deadly force to be reckoned with...so other plans to subdue her would be needed.