Chapter 18: Crushing Blow - 57th Expedition Beyond The Walls Part 5

While the others talked among themselves and were heading off, meanwhile Ayane began to let out some panicked gasps as her blue eyes stared at the dead body of her Uncle Gunther. She could barely scream further as she desperately tried to pull herself together...but memories of her time as a little girl with Gunther surfaced...

                                                                         **Flash Back**

                           Year 845

Levi's squad was currently awaiting orders from the Commander and their Captain, so in the meantime, they were all entertaining their niece who was the light of their lives and could always bring a smile to their faces.

Ayane grins as she ran over to her uncle Gunther and held her hands up, she wanted him to lift her up to allow her to sit on his shoulders like he always had done for her.

"Okay, up you go!" Gunther laughed.
"Up! Up!" Ayane laughed.

Gunther placed Ayane to sit on his shoulders while he held her small legs and she had her small hands in his hair, he ran around a bit making weird sounds which just lead Ayane to laugh and enjoy her time with her uncle while the others watched from the sidelines with smiles on their faces.

"Oi, what's going on here?" Levi arrived.
"Daddy look! Uncle made me tall!" Ayane smiled.
"Tch sure did brat. Make sure not to get taller than me when you grow up alright?" Levi said small smile on his lips but only Ayane seemed to see it.
"No promises daddy!" Ayane giggled smiling brightly.

Levi rolled his eyes and his squad members just laughed it off.

                                                              **Flash Back End**

'Uncle....' Ayane thought.

"Keep moving you two!" Olou shouts grabbing Eren.
"Sweetie we have to move!" Petra shouts holding Ayane who had her hand stretched out towards Gunther.
"You need to focus you two! Keep moving forward!" Eld replied.

With a heavy heart, Ayane used her ODM gear to fly off alongside what was left of her family, her right hand trembled as she bit her lip to keep herself from falling apart when a split second they all lost sight of the person who was now known to be the Female Titan.

"Where'd she go?" Olou asked.
"I don't know!" Eld replied.

Before the Female Titan transformed back into her titan form she quickly went after Ayane who just as she turned around felt a hand grip her throat and shove her to a tree making her gasp as the wind blew out of her.

"Ayane!!" Eren shouts.

Ayane gasped for air when the hand tightened, all she saw was a single blue eye peak out of the hood, glaring back just as she was about to reach over and remove the hood she felt a static spark through her body making her shout in slight pain. Her own blue eyes caught sight of a yellowish-coloured spark as well when she was released and grabbed by Eld when he went for an attack.

"Are you okay sweetie!?" Petra asked worriedly.
"I'll be fine," Ayane grunts out as she coughs holding her throat.
"Ayane!" Eren shouted worried.
"Relax knucklehead I'll be fine," Ayane replies trying to lessen his worries.

It didn't help much but when Ayane used her gear to fly off on her own she moved closer to Eren who quickly noticed the buries on her neck appearing and it was that of a handprint of course.