Chapter 21: Compassion - Assault On Stohess Part 2

"I believe we've uncovered the identity of the Female Titan, she is one of us." Erwin's voice rang through Ayane's head.

Ayane narrowed her blue eyes as she watched for a brief moment as Annie transformed into the Female Titan. Then later rushing inside the underground passageway to avoid getting hurt further than she already was.

'So it is you...' Ayane thought.

                                                                     **A Few Days Prior**

"What's the hold-up? Erwin's never late. He should be here. At this rate the damn MP's will show up, that'd be our luck." Levi comments then taking a sip of his tea.
"Or you could say they're all taking a shit. Duty calls right?" Levi says rather sarcastically.
"You're in a talkative mood today." Eren comments.
"So what if I am? That doesn't mean I was talking to you." Levi replies.

Usually, after every mission, Levi would return to he'd always sit in the dining area with a pot of tea and share it with his daughter, talking about what each other did today or just about anything they could speak of together...though this time Levi couldn't since Ayane despite her constant protests was put on bed rest until her ribs healed.

'Course that doesn't stop her from training when no one's looking...damn brat is too much like me in a way I guess...' Levi thought.

Though not long after he placed his cup down and grunted in pain when it shot up his ankle to his leg, incisively he grabbed his knee waiting on the pain to pass.

"It's my fault, sir, I made a choice. If I had thought this through none of this...You wouldn't...and Ayane still would've had her family and she would also not be this hurt." Eren says clenching his fists on his thighs.
"You made a judgement call. Look no one expects you to be clear and point. And stop with the apologies, if you continue to do that around Ayane you'll just annoy her and get your ass kicked, I know she'd never blame you for it." Levi explains.
"Sorry to keep you waiting." Erwin's voice was heard.

Erwin finally arrived but he wasn't alone, with him were Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Ayane and a few others. When asked why the others were with them Erwin informed them that they believed to have figured out just who the Female Titan is.

"Okay, but why are you here, Ayane? You should be in bed resting!" Eren says worriedly standing up with his hands resting on top of the table.
"I'll go fucking crazy if I stay another full day in that damn bed, so unless you wanna keep your life don't tell me or even try to convince me to go back. Besides I need to be here to know for sure just who the bitch who murdered my family before my very eyes are...because when I do know she's dead." Ayane spat.
"Calm down, Ayane," Erwin says.

Eren sat back down but had at one point flinched at the coldness of her eyes but knew her threat didn't mean anything...she was just in the many stages of grief and now anger was taking control. With a scowl on her face, Ayane slowly made her way towards where he father sat and took a seat beside him who placed a hand on her shoulder to calm her down.

Once everyone was seated Erwin began to explain his plans to flush out the Female Titan which seemed to reside with the MP's, the plan was to use Eren and apparently Ayane to lure in the Female Titan to the underground passage.

"It's still unclear why the Female Titan needs Ayane, but considering she didn't kill you...you'll also need to be bait as well. I trust you enough to know if your wounds are well enough for this to go further from here." Erwin says.
"Speaking of that, how is your condition now?" Levi asked his daughter.
"According to the doctors, my ribs are healing up faster than usual. Good enough to even be on horseback should I have to." Ayane explains.
"Good, cause if we succeed I might just have another mission for you in mind. But that'll have to wait until we flush out the enemy." Erwin replies.