Chapter 25: Southwestward

The group searched for survivors in Connie's village but there wasn't any, no bodies not even any trace of blood. For a moment Connie felt nothing but pain and anguish at this but when a soldier told him that the villagers must've escaped it brought hope to the boy...though unknown to him however the stables were still completely full of their horses...just what is going on here?

What the hell happened...?

"Welcome home..."

Connie stop what he was doing and looked at the titan over his house, did this titan just...speak? With a horrified expression he questioned Reiner if he heard it but the man denied it stating they needed to move to their mission objective. Which snapped him back into focus.

                                               7 Hours After The Titan Discovery...

Nanaba, Ymir, Kirsta and another solider were heading for the South to look at the walls where the breach might just be at, considering they all did their jobs and had spread the word that titans were in the area now was the time for them to locate where they came from.

                                                  9 Hours After The Titan Discovery...

A soldier was luring a titan towards the Garrisons' fleet as they prepared to kill it with cannon fire along with a soldier to get the nape, Rico was the one who quickly sliced the nape off when it was distracted by getting shot at with cannonballs.

Rico knew something was up, heck even Hannes knew as well. As they scaled the outside of the walls what bothered him quite a lot was the fact that there wasn't a titan insight, normally you'd see loads of titans when the wall is breached but this...not one in sight.

                                                  11 Hours After The Titan Discovery...

As the squads scaled the walls carefully with torches in their hands Ayane prayed that she could get to the others in time, she did kill a few titans nearby where she was at but something bothered her...

'If titans did breach the walls...they where the hell are the rest of them? Why do I have this horrid feeling in my gut? Something isn't right here...' Ayane thought as she rode off.

Back with the others they grew shocked when they ran into Nanaba's team, neither side was breached...there wasn't a hole in the walls at all....just what the hell was happening?! When it was suggested they make another round Nanaba refused to state that not only were the horses tired but they too were on the verge of collapse.

So when the moonlight passes through the clouds there upheld was an old castle, considering it they all made their way towards it for shelter to get some well-needed rest, moving their horses to the stables they decided to turn in for the night while those with their gear stood to watch in case any titans passed by or threatened those who didn't have their gear just yet.

**With Eren And The Others**

The topic of conversation first lead to the rock in Hange's hand, it was then figured out that it was not only a tissue sample that was hardened from Annie's titan but that that very tissue sample was the same materials as the walls...which lead Hange to believe that the walls were all made up of large titans which Armin was theorizing about before.

It then went to the fact that if Eren assumed titan form and stood or even sat by the breach in the wall he could use the same hardening ability to patch it up. But it was a long shot since the discovery just was made currently.