Chapter 67: Deceiver

Gabi began to freak out while Falco was worried about her, this gained the attention of a Garrison soldier who quickly got inside their cell to check up on her to make sure the kid was okay...though instead he was later attacked and pretty much killed since Gabi kept hitting him in the head with a brick that was hidden within a cloth.

At one point Falco pulled her away stating that she'd done enough, though the two did escape the place they were being held and were discussing if this was actually a good idea since to Falco that guard seemed to actually be worried about Gabi...though she wasn't hearing it since she still viewed those on Paradis as devils.

Meanwhile back in Marley, Reiner had woken up finally in the room he was in were Pieck and Porco who seemed to have been waiting for him to awaken. Porco the entire time that Reiner was out of it had been drinking, sometimes his mind wandered off to why Ayane had betrayed them but most of all he was battling with what he felt about her still.

He wished all of what really happened was an actual dream and they'd soon wake up from it...but it wasn't. This was reality.

Later Reiner asked them about Gabi and Falco of their whereabouts. Elsewhere however Gabi and Falco had run pretty far and were taking a short break by a lake where Gabi was either washing her face, Falco told Gabi to remove her armband in case anyone noticed but she didn't give a damn about that all she wanted was answers not only from Zeke but from Lady Okumura as well.

"I need to know the truth....why did she betray us," Gabi replied.
"There has to be a good reason! I mean come on, Gabi. Don't you remember her arguing with the military about training us kids? She wants us to live a full life without war....so...there has to be a reason why she did that..." Falco explained.
"Yeah? Well, I want to hear it from her directly." Gabi replied.

However, when Falco tore off her armband she went nuts and pinned him to the ground stating that if she didn't have it then she'd be like the island devils still going on about the people of Paradis being nothing but devils and whatnot.

Not long after however a young girl with blonde hair spoke up asking them about how or why they were there. Gabi quickly made an excuse and despite the weird way they were the young girl accepted the excuse and offered them to come to her place where she lived for some breakfast. They accepted it for the moment and well when they got to the farm Gabi again went ahead making assumptions that they should steal horses before soldiers arrived.

Gabi didn't want to share a table with 'island devils' still going on about that.

Falco though decided to do the talking before Gabi actually managed to get them both in trouble and possibly killed. But considering they weren't figured out they should be able to keep up the facade...that is if Gabi didn't try to act out any chance she got and ruin it for them both.

Turns out the two of them actually were brought to Sasha's home, Sasha's father being the kind man that he is offered for the two of them to stay as long as they needed since their table was big enough for lots more people. Though Gabi was horrified when she realized just who's home she was in and she was a trembling mess, to Sasha's family it seemed like something else had happened to Gabi before they met the girl.

At the port of Paradis however, Premier Zachary met up with Lady Hizuru for a brief chat, meanwhile where the Scouts were Hange was dealing with the press who were shocked that Eren and Ayane were both locked up even though what they've done was a success and was also forging hope for Eldians to finally step up against Marly but the press continued to go on for answers though it was very difficult for Hange to deal with so she quickly went through the gates and began walking towards the building.