Chapter 65: Brave Volunteers

Things had settled down for the meantime as Armin once again was sitting before Annie who was still inside her crystal all these years as he recalled to her about the past and all that has happened these past few years.

                                                             **Three Years Ago**

A Marley ship was slowly approaching the shores of Paradis, to the Captain of the ship those 'island devils' were able to defeat their Warriors so they needed to gain whatever information on them as well as see if they could spot Lady Okumura and quickly relay it back to Marley.

Well, that never happened considering the Attack Titan - Eren Yeager in his titan form picked up the ship from under the water and began walking it to shore, when they were close enough Eren tossed the boat down on the ground just as Ayane used her ODM gear to land on his shoulder.

Just as quickly however Hange ran up revealing herself to the enemy as she shouted some greetings to them. Meanwhile, Nicolo was being held by Levi to had a blade to his back at first he shouted to his comrades to forget about him, but the Captain then spilled out threats though Hange warned them about saying such things with a titan behind them along with someone of Okumura blood who already looked pissed enough.

Despite the angry and scary look in Ayane's eyes as if she was staring into their soul the Captain took a moment to gather the courage and still stood up to Hange and Levi, even flinching when he heard a blade behind him being drawn out. However, he didn't get far when suddenly a gunshot rang out only for it to be someone of their own to shoot them down.

"Hange, I'd like to accept your invitation, let's have some tea," Yelena said before Hange.

She later turned around with a small smile as she stared at Eren and Ayane.

"How I've longed to meet the both of you, Eren, Lady Ayane," Yelena adds.

Eren and Ayane looked at one another silently but Ayane just shrugged slightly at this. Unsure of what to really do about the turn of events Eren exited his titan and Ayane helped him back down towards the others to meet up with them.

Camps were set up for the night, meanwhile, Ayane and her friends were talking about what had just transpired beforehand, Connie was still in shock at how easy it looked for that Yelena lady to shoot her Captain. Though Ayane commented how she must have a different motive for this fight to do that but also mentioned keeping their guards up around her no matter what.

"Yeah but this is still an incredible chance for us to gather information. We're really lucky we found them." Armin mentioned.
"Your right, we've been lucky. We managed to intercept that ship by peer chance. If Marley comes to this island in force, we're finished and Ayane will be taken away. We've gotta do something." Eren says.
"Eren..." Ayane mutters.
"I'm not losing you, and I sure as hell will not let them take you away," Eren replied.
"As if I'd let them," Ayane replied.
"As if any one of us would let them, we're in this together!" Sasha speaks up.
"Heh, I know," Ayane replied giving her a small smile.

Meanwhile, Hange and Levi were confronting Yelena and Oyankopon about their reasons and the weapons they carried, though Hange was clearly showing them that they didn't know what the different types of weapons the others hand across the sea which annoyed Levi to no ends since to him it was as if they 'weak' or whatever. But Yelena willingly was giving them information about Marley.

She revealed why there were so many pure titans on the island and it turns out Marley was the one who sent them there, which honestly was pathetic but since they took out all the titans on the island now the people of Paradis could explore the island further however the Scouts knew they were facing up against an even bigger threat with so much being revealed along with Ayane's safety being something that was constantly threatened even more now.