Chapter 26: Soldier

"Ayane, your gonna put that ODM gear to good use. Let's do this!" Nanaba says.
"Right!" Ayane shouts.
"Attack!!!" Nanaba shouts.

Those along with Ayane leaped off the edge of the tower ready for battle as the Beast Titan had climbed up the walls.

                                                                  2 Hours Earlier...

Ayane currently was asleep on the hard cold flooring, but a small fire was in the middle of everyone. As Nanaba explain a bit of what they figured out of this place another soldier covered Ayane up with a blanket.

"Is Ayane doing alright?" Kirsta asked.
"With a bit of rest, she should be just fine." One replied.
"She's travelled around as a lone rider to spread the word out. I bet she fought a few titans while on her way here..." Nanaba says.
"It's no wonder she's exhausted. The kid doesn't know when to take a break." Gelgaar sighed shaking his head.

The others just chuckled knowing that was Ayane for you, but the topic of conversation quickly got back on course when Kirsta mentioned that what if the wall wasn't even breached the high ups agreed that she could be right...due to not many titans insight there might just be a slim chance the walls weren't touched.

But even so...there wasn't much to go on just as of yet. To be a solider in the Scouts you need to expect the unexpected. And titans were always surprising soldiers left and right with how they act in certain circumstances.

When Connie spoke of his village and the titan laying on top of his home, Ymir took the chance to tease him which resulted in him shouting at her and having Ayane wake up giving everyone a death glare that sent a few of the Scouts in shivers. Only when she closed her eyes and had gone back to sleep did they sigh in relief.

"Glare's just like her father." Nanaba chuckled gently ruffling the girl's hair.

Most of them had decided to get some sleep, others decided to roam around of what little space they could. Ymir went to look for some food to eat but when she knew how to read on the can Reiner questioned her...but thankfully for her, she was interrupted when a shout of everyone to get up and meet them at the top.

"Everyone, wake up! Come up to the roof, quickly!" A soldier shouts.

When everyone arrived they noticed titans all around, Ayane shook her head as she recognized some of these...this meant her uncle didn't end up surviving after she left.

One of her hands shook in frustration she took a deep breath and pushed onwards, Ayane needed to keep her mind focused on the task at hand.

"Attack!!" Nanaba shouted.

From there Ayane helped her family take care of the titans but it was getting to be a struggle. They were low on blades and even some of the smaller titans managed to break through the doors which meant that those who didn't have their gear needed to think of some sort of game plan quick to avoid them from reaching those nearby.

Reiner took charge and decided to check on if any titans were nearby and how far or close they were, the others could find whatever they could get their hands on in order to block the door down tight. But...when he checked the second door there was already a titan crawling it's way up.

"THERE IN THE TOWER!! GET DOWN HERE AND HELP ME!!" Reiner shouted after he quickly shut and locked the door.

But simple wood could never stop a titan from forcing its way in...because just as quick the titan's arm broke through the wood as if it was butter and tried to grab at him. Dodging it after remembering something of his past he refused to let his life end so quickly and by a titan no less.