Chapter 27: Historia

One day in the past there was a time in the Training Corps that those in the 104th cadet crew had to trudge through some snow in rather cold weather, Ayane, on the other hand, didn't mind it since it was just some extra training for her to get on with her role as a soldier should such weather conditions get worse in a blink of an eye on the battlefield.

Leaning upon the wooden fence with her arms crossed she just listened as the group talked about the training they just finished, but when word on how Kirsta, Ymir and Daz hadn't returned Ayane narrowed her blue eyes at the snow beneath them all. With a sigh, she pushed herself off the fence and headed towards the exit.

"Wait! Where are you going Ayane!?" Eren asked alarmed.
"I'm going to go get Kirsta and the others. They shouldn't be too far." Ayane explained without turning around.
"Are you nuts! You could get lots and freeze to death!!" Jean shouted.
"The cold air doesn't harm me as much as it seems to do for you," Ayane replied glaring over her shoulder and later putting on her hood.
"Cadet you get back here, a rescue team will be sent out in the morning." A soldier tells her.
"Tch, if we're a unit shouldn't we be working together?" Ayane asked as she continued on.

Eren worried about this tried to go after Ayane but was stopped when Mikasa grabbed his arm, at first he took his arm away from her grasp and ran up a bit to the exit but when harsh winds came through he stopped for the moment, through the winds Eren tried to call out for Ayane but all he could see was her form getting further and further away.

Ayane was further out as she looked around, checking footprints and realized that the three of them were still inside the forest. Looking up the hill and followed a rather long way towards any form of safe passage, sighing she pushed up her scarf and walked further down.

'Good grief ever since stupid Eren came into my life and wheezed his way in suddenly I've started to give a damn about people...well mostly just the 104th....' Ayane thought.

It was a start of Ayane showing her protective nature towards those she would later then begin to see and voice on who she cherished in due time.

Krista and Ymir were still making their way towards an area where Ayane was in but a bit further to her left, however, the topic of conversation later went to why Kirsta was even in the military...Ymir then went on to say that her helping Daz was just an excuse to die. She went on with explaining how she knew who Kirsta really was.

But of course, Ymir wasn't about going to reveal the truth to anyone either way. Ymir would later scold Kirsta for being the victim all the time and not owning her true name to get back at those who had wronged her, who decided for her that she wasn't worth it and tried to get rid of her in what any means possible.

"I didn't mean to get us into this, and now there's nothing we can do," Kirsta says.
"Bullshit!" Ymir replies.

As they came to a clearing they saw the base but also found Ayane out there shouting their names as she seemed to be looking for them.

"Wait is that Ayane? She's searching for us?" Kirsta asks.
"There's a shock. Usually, she wouldn't give a damn. Huh, she's getting soft." Ymir says.
"Don't say that! She's finally learning to let people in! That's good!" Kirsta tells her.

However, when Ymir decided to toss Kirsta down a hill and suddenly there was a bright yellow light Ayane froze for a moment and then rushed towards that area only finding Kirsta around there as she stretched out her hand. Pulling her out of the pile of snow Ayane guided her back to their base for the time being.

"T-Thank you, Ayane. H-Have you seen Ymir?" Kirsta asked shivering.
"No, but I think she's back at base," Ayane replied.

Moving her backpack to her front Ayane crouched down in front of Kirsta, with small protest however Kirsta later climbed on and once secure Ayane stood up to her feet and began to walk back towards base. A bit of small talk between Kirsta and Ayan went as they soon made it back.