Chapter 33: Charge

Erwin scaled the end of the forest when he heard some large footsteps behind him, looking over his shoulder he was able to see Reiner in titan from running off. But his eyes caught sight of Ayane laying unconscious in Bertholts arms as her hands were tied behind her back and faint spots of blood were at the corner of her lips.

He wasn't going to let these traitors take either Eren or his niece.

"Ride! Let the titans chase you! All squads follow my lead!" Erwin ordered and guided his horse off.

Everyone had to grow up and start acting like soldiers now, because if they couldn't stop the Armored Titan then they wouldn't ever see Eren or Ayane again. Failure was not an option for Erwin they needed to retrieve them back as soon as possible no matter the costs.

'Hold on Ayane, we're coming.' Erwin thought.

Reiner continued to run as a large number of soldiers rode up behind him catching up.

"Reiner is too slow! We've got him!" Jean says.
"I won't hesitate this time...I'll kill them without a thought! If Ymir feels like getting in the way so much worse for her! This ends here and now, I swear it." Mikasa glares.

Ymir while still on Reiner's shoulder had decided to finally pull Historia out of her titan's mouth and hold her up before slightly removing herself from her titan. The two spoke but soon got into a brief argument until it came to a point where the question was her reason for joining Reiner and Bertholt like this.

Ayane thought slowly began to wake up from all these arguments and slowly opened her eyes, by then both Historia and Bertholt were trying to convince Ymir on things for either side but most of all that Historia was actually always gonna remain at Ymir's side no matter what the world had thrown at them. That alone shocked Ymir herself.

But the Scouts were still behind them slowly catching up more and more as they continued to run off. Bertholt pretty much told Ymir that it was her fault that the soldiers behind them were catching up since they waited for her to grab Historia to tag along with them. The conversation then went on where Ymir admitted that she didn't grab Historia to protect her but to please herself so she could have Historia at her side at all times.

Even though Ymir took Historia to ensure her own fate...Historia still agreed to be at her side and be her ally. The group however were interrupted when Ayane began to cough, Bertholt knowing it would be blood gently turned Ayane's head to the side as she coughed up some blood a pained expression on her face came after as she panted from it.

"You guys suck...using Historia and Ymir like this...bastards...." Ayane whispered.

'She still cares!? Even though I'm willingly not saving her?' Ymir thought looking at Ayane in shock.

The pain had Ayane keep her eyes shut, by this time Eren began to wake up but when he heard Hannes in action he gasped and looked around their friends were finally close enough to take action. Looking over his shoulder he saw Ayane's painful look on her face then could hear some faint groans escaping from her.

'Ayane!' Eren thought.

Just as their comrades arrived Reiner in his titan form quickly covered his neck where the three of them were with his hands as he continued to run, when Mikasa gave Bertholt a death glare through the gaps of Reiner's hands she had to leap away from them as Ymir attacked her...okay fine if she wanted death then she'd get it.

When she went in for a kill Historia got in the middle forcing Mikasa to quickly get away and land on the back of Reiner's head.

"Mikasa no! You're not going to kill Ymir!" Historia shouted.
"That all depends on her! What will it be? She can step aside or she can die it's her choice!" Mikasa tells her.
"That's not fair! She'll die if she doesn't go along with what Reiner and Bertholt tell her to do! She's dead either way!" Historia replies.
"Listen there's only so many lives I can give a damn about, cruel but that's the world our enemies gave us six years ago. Sorry, I don't have any more heartstrings for you to tug on. You want compassion? Move on! You want fair? Tough shit! Time wasting pick your side Kirsta. Eren and Ayane? Or the bitch I'm gonna kill." Mikasa explains.