Chapter 72: Above And Bellow

The rain fell heavy as Hange along with Floch and a few others heard the thunder spear go off in the distance, Floch, however, decided that his group should head in that direction since it was possible that Lieutenant Ackerman or well...who was now known as Lady Ayane should be with Captain Levi right now.

Speaking of her Ayane was actually a few feet away from Levi when she had woken up, pain racked her body all over as she felt her body begin to slowly put itself back together. Trying to ignore the pain she was feeling Ayane was actually glad for the rain since the sight before her nearly made her sob out loud.

Before her very eyes were Levi himself in horrible shape, getting herself to move to be on her stomach she slowly dragged herself through the wet muddy grass and at times reached out towards him unsure if he actually could see her efforts.

"Dad..." Ayane mutters before her body gave out and she had fall unconscious.

But not before she saw a pair of feet with odd-looking sandals from a long time ago then everything went black for her.
Meanwhile back where Eren took everyone the soldiers were being separated by the Yeagerists with armbands to signify where they stood as well as revealed just who were the ones that drank the wine with Zeke's spinal fluid. Yelena and a few of her followers and Oyankopon were having a rather fancy meal with Commander Pixis.

It was Commander Pixis who revealed that he figured out just what these armbands meant, if one had a white one wrapped around their arm it was someone who became one of the Yeagerists early, and a red one was forced to comply with their demands while the black ones were to identify who had actually drank the wine that held Zeke's spinal fluid inside it.

As their conversation progressed Pixis thought needed to know if Ayane was being threatened, and since his beloved granddaughter was going to such lengths like this she must've been. However, Yelena denied that theory stating that it was Ayane herself that approach her explaining that the girl in question actually saw snit bits of these future events not too long ago in fact she saw a few parts of these moments while she was still pregnant with baby Carla.

'So her powers progressed further and she choose not to reveal anything to any of us...what did you see sweetheart?' Pixis thought.

At the same time Sasha's father managed to make tea for everyone, little Carla however was currently with Mikasa as she babbled away, Connie however asked if Armin was able to turn into his titan to free them all but he couldn't take the risk since it was highly dangerous even if he tried. The next thing they were talking about was the confrontation with Eren that Armin and Mikasa had.

That had Mikasa freeze for a moment before she returned her attention back to her adorable niece, Jean wanted to know what happened and Mikasa just gave him a vague response to it stating it didn't matter anymore. Jean though couldn't see Eren doing such a thing to the two people he grew up with so easily...he had a theory that Eren had a different motive.

"He clearly still cares for his own daughter...and so does Ayane. So it's possible that the two of them are working together with a different plan in mind considering how careful they've been to have Carla barely see any of the events leading up until now." Jean explains.

That's right! Ayane had always placed Carla with someone and taken her out of the room if there was something to be done or explained! Could there really be hope that the two of them really didn't betray them so badly? It was possible but no one could continue with that theory when Yelena, Oyankopon along with another arrived and confronted them.

Jean confronted Yelena on how her plan worked so easily in her favour since she managed to convince Eren and Ayane to her side, and succeeded in many many other things leaving the Elidan Empire or whatever in her grasp to use however she wanted, the one beside the two called those behind the bars fools for being tricked so easily.