Chapter 42: Outside The Walls Of Orvud District

||A/N: Merry Christmas everyone!! Hope you have a great time with the holidays despite what's going on around the world!! Keep safe and stay healthy! We'll all get through this together one way or another!! Anyways hope you enjoy this chapter!!||

Outside where the net was at Levi and his squad had arrived, looking up it seemed like there could just be an exit for them to use but without any more gunpowder it would be harder to get through than it seemed like. However, when everyone including those who were with Kenny saw the bright yellow light they all knew things were about to get a hell of a lot worse.

"That light..." Jean commented.
"Damnit! No..." Levi said.
"Eren! Ayane!" Mikasa shouted.

Ayane stared in shock as Historia's father quickly began to transform into a titan as the bones of the figure first appeared then the muscle and skin quickly followed after, narrowing her blue eyes at this she silently cursed and quickly went back to trying to free Eren of his bonds to get away as far as this place could...which wasn't much.

The pressure from the transformation nearly sent a lot of the people within this closed-off cave flying if it weren't for their gear, though Kenny didn't get so lucky for it. However, the Scouts seemed to have considered that the opening Levi saw when they arrived had broken open for them which lead him to give Armin and Moblit the order to get Hange out of there through that opening whereas the others were gonna get Eren, Ayane and Historia themselves.

Meanwhile, as all this was happening Historia and Ayane continued to work together to get Eren free, as that was happening though Eren begged the two girls to just stop and let Historia's father eat him to end not only Ayane's suffering but humanities as well.

"Asshole...you promised me we'd live our lives together once we get rid of every titan in this world...are you proving to me that such promises are nothing but pipe dreams for the foolish?" Ayane asked glaring at him.
"I just don't want you to suffer anymore...I want you to smile and laugh like you used to..." Eren cried.
"I can do all that with you still in my life dip shit! Can't you see or even tell that I need you! Gosh your so clueless when it comes to things like this!" Ayane argued back.
"Why won't you listen! If I'm still here-" Eren started again.
"Shut it will you!! I'll never leave your side! No matter what the world throws at us we'll always make it out of it together!!" Ayane yells.

'Ayane...' Eren thought.

"You two can argue on your own time we need to get him free!" Historia shouted.

When the two girls managed to free Eren's feet the sudden pressure from the titan before them all pushed Ayane and Historia back with Eren shouting their names, quickly thinking Ayane grabbed Historia into her arms and held her close bracing for impact though when it never came she looked to her side and saw that it was Mikasa who caught her.

"Mika, you and the others made it." Ayane commented.
"Are you two alright?" Mikasa asked.
"I'm fine...thank you, Ayane," Historia says.
"I'm fine too..." Ayane nodded her head.

Next in came Levi, Jean and Connie who carefully made their way towards where Eren was still chained up and began quickly helping to set him free, honestly Eren once again went on a cry tyred telling them to stop trying to save his ass which pissed Ayane off even more as the dread of losing him began to set in.

'What is this that I'm feeling? Is...is this what people call fear? Am I beginning to feel such fear because I may lose Eren?' Ayane thought.

The feeling of fear was something Ayane never once had gone through, not even when she would watch her family leave her time and time again throughout the years of her being raised within the walls of the Scouts. So why...why was Eren so different that she was suddenly feeling this?