~Wounded In Action~

Third POV

It was a late night, the whole city was sleeping. Which meant it was the perfect time for Y/n to get her assignment done. Sadly for her, she'd need a special someone's help to get this specific task finished.

"Alright, the company said we have to infiltrate through here," Y/n explained, as she pointed to a part of the blueprint, "It's the weakest point in the building. While you're hacking their security program here, I'll be over there, grabbing the files."

"Sure thing babe."

"This is a serious matter," Y/n shot a glare at the infamous flirt of a man, C/n.

"And?"

"So, don't fucking babe me you idiot," Y/n scowled. "We've gotta pick up our stuff provided in the care package they left near the building. Let's go."

They hopped on their motorcycles and rode into the night, which would turn out to be a long one.

Y/n's POV

Fuck, this is bad.

I tried to stay as low to the ground as possible, as shots were being fired and I was running out of cover. Once there was a pause indicating they were reloading, I peeked out of cover and started firing my pistol, mentally thanking the company for giving me an automatic weapon with a faster fire rate.

Can't believe this idiot managed to fuck up his one job. I'm so sparring him later so he can get a good beating.

I dove behind the concrete pillar when I had a chance, glancing at my watch in hopes that I'd see a green dot on the mini-map indicating C/n was nearby. Soon enough, over the loud beating of adrenaline running through my veins, I heard the low grunts and sounds of enemies falling to the ground.

"Babe? Where are you?"

I walked out of cover, my pistol still out just in case, but was thankful to find C/n standing in the hallway where the enemies were just firing from.

"God, C/n you had one fucking job! What the hell!" I scolded him.

"Sorry, turns out they had an underlying algorithm that was able to detect my outside code, somehow," he apologized as he came closer to me.

"Whatever, just make sure it doesn't happen again."

But he ignored me, "Babe, you're bleeding."

I glanced down at my leg which was the result of the little showdown I was in.

"I'm fine, it's just a couple of nicks," I reassured.

"Come here, let me see."

I rolled my eyes, "Look, I'm fi–"

"Come here," he repeated harshly.

I rolled my eyes once again, "You're being dramatic. I've dealt with much worse inju– AH!"

C/n glanced up at me, "What were you saying?"

"You're just being aggressive is all. I'm fine!"

C/n glanced at his watch after finishing his assessment of my injury, causing me to glance at my watch out of habit.

"Look the company is expecting us, let's just get back already," I got up, ready to head outside to my motorcycle so I could drop off these stupid files and get home to take a nice warm bath.

But before I could make it even a foot, I was suddenly off my feet.

"Hey! Put me down!" I yelled.

"Nope," C/n replied.

I felt the cold wind rush against me as we made it outside, C/n carrying me in his arms.

"I can walk you know!"

"Want me to let the company know about this in our report? You know it is my turn to write it and they don't let injured workers on any jobs," he threatened.

"Ugh, fine fine, have it your way," I crossed my arms, as I glared up at C/n's face.

As I stared at him, I couldn't help but see why he had such a playboy reputation. He was annoyingly handsome, the sweat and dirt only helping his look.

"Babe, if you keep staring at me I'll drop you," he smirked.

"I'm not staring. And actually, it'd be a favor if you dropped me," I replied.

"Oh really?" suddenly C/n let go of me and I let out a gasp.

I was ready to land on my butt and feel the impact rush through my legs, but just as suddenly as he let me go, I was back in his arms again.

"Asshole," I grumbled, recrossing my arms except this time, I felt a bit more childish doing so.

He snickered. Once we got to our motorcycles he got onto his and plopped me down behind him.

"I appreciate your thoughtfulness," I said sarcastically, ready to get off his bike, "but I can ride back to the company myself."

C/n grabbed my arms and wrapped them around his waist, making me get yanked back down to the seat (it took me everything not to yelp in pain at his action and accidentally contradict my sentence) before he quickly sped away.

"Hey! How am I supposed to get my baby?" I yelled over the wind.

"I'll take you to get your motorcycle back when you get better."

"How many times do I have to repeat myself to get it through your thick skull? I. Am. Fine."

"Babe, you were limping and you're sounding more and more tired by the second."

"Am not! You just can't hear me well over the wind," I replied nonchalantly.

"Damn you're really stubborn," he said, "It's hot."

I punched his shoulder causing him to wince.

"Just go to sleep, I'll wake you up when we get there," he reassured.

I shrugged and decided to take up his offer. Might as well catch up on some sleep since I'm stuck with this idiot anyway.

Third POV

Once the odd pair made it back to the company, C/n carefully unlaced Y/n's arms from around his waist and picked her up, trying to be as gentle as possible to not wake her up.

He then brought her to his office where he had a couch she could nap in as he finished up the report for their night. He decided to tend to her wounds while she wasn't awake to yell at him about how she didn't need his help before returning to his desk.

C/n glanced at Y/n a couple of minutes later to notice she was shivering. He walked over and draped his coat over her.

"Fuck, she's way cuter when she's sleeping," he mumbled as he stared at her face for a couple of extra seconds.

When the sun rose, the light came through the company windows causing Y/n to stir from her sleep. Which then caused her to start yelling at the sleeping C/n– who was lying slumped back in his office chair– for not waking her up like he said he would.

Of course, Y/n was grateful as her bandaged and taken care of wounds did not go unnoticed, but she needed to yell at C/n for something otherwise she'd look soft!