~Anxious Flyer~

Y/n's POV

I bit my lip nervously and tightly held onto the armrests of my seat as I tried to focus on something other than the fact that I was on a plane getting ready to take off. I fucking hate planes and the takeoff and landing are one of the worst parts of riding one. And if I hear, "Well, statistically, you're more likely to die in a car crash than a plane crash" one more time, I'm actually gonna jump off the plane.

"Haha, don't tell me you're scared of planes Y/n,"

I glanced over at C/n, sitting relaxed in his seat, a grin on his face without a care in the world.

"I'm not," I answered, still keeping my eyes faced forward, drilling a hole into the back of the seat in front of me.

"Yes you are, look at you. You're trembling," he insisted, poking my arm.

I looked at him with a glare, "Shut up."

"Man, can't believe the 'brave' Y/n is scared of a measly plane ride," he taunted, maintaining eye contact with a smirk.

I looked away, but not before I felt tears embarrassingly well up in my eyes.

"Hey, hey Y/n. I was just kidding, you're brave alright?"

I rolled my eyes, "Idiot."

Suddenly, the plane started going forward and I clamped my mouth closed as I almost let out a yelp.

"Y/n you're gonna break the armrest," C/n joked, once more.

I felt my mind spiraling as I panicked, all the emotions of anxiety running through me as I tried to hold back my tears. And then when I thought about how C/n could probably see me in this embarrassing state, I felt like crying even more.

Suddenly I felt C/n grasp my arm and put up the armrest between our seats.

"Y/n look at me," I heard him say.

I felt adrenaline pumping through me as I managed to turn my head, my eyes wide as I tried to stop panicking.

"Just breathe. Everything's gonna be ok," C/n said.

I nodded my head and he put his arm around my shoulders to pull me close. I snaked my arms around his waist and held on tight, shutting my eyes so I couldn't see the clouds that were basically saying "Look at how high you are Y/n!"

"H-how do you know that? What if we crash into the fucking ocean. You know how big the fucking ocean is??" As I let out my panicked thoughts, the plane lurched forward and this time, I was unable to hold back my yelp.

C/n gently placed his hand on my head and pushed it towards his chest, "Do you hear my heartbeat?"

I nodded my head as tears dripped down my face. I hate this fucking feeling when I can't do anything but panic.

"Just focus on my heartbeat. As long as you can hear my heartbeat you're safe, okay?"

I counted his heartbeat the way people tell you to count sheep to fall asleep. Soon enough, mine began to slow down and we were smoothly flying in the air. When I got my bearings I pulled away from C/n's chest but let him keep his arm around me.

"Thanks. Sorry, I just get really anxious on airplanes," I explained.

"Don't apologize, I was just worried about you. I didn't know flying scares you so much," he answered. "You should've told me."

I shrugged, "Yeah, I don't know. As soon as I step in a plane I start getting into my own head, and it's just a downward spiral from there."

"Well that's why your big strong boyfriend is here to protect you," C/n boasted.

I raised my eyebrow at him, "Oh really?"

He looked me in the eyes, his tone more serious but his smirk still present, "Always."